Warriors Of The World Review

Manowar: Warriors Of The World
Released: Jun 4, 2002
Genre: Rock
Styles: Heavy Metal, Power Metal
It's a mixed affair rife with all of the clichés that make Manowar either Gods or an amusing joke, depending on what side of the inner circle you reside on.
 Lyrics: 8.5
 8.3
 7.8
 8.8
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
Warriors Of The World Reviewed by: Martyrion, on december 09, 2004

Sound: The sounds is really good, the music played is excellent. Searing leads and powerful riffs. Very powerful, but with a very melodic sound at some times. And a few of the songs are slow and more beautiful than powerful. I liked the album alot at first, this is a very unique heavy metal band, and they have made many good albums in the past. But this just isn't the same. Compared to the other albums, this one is too much of a self centered one, and it is to commercially connected. The theme is merely that Manowar owns the world (we've seen abit of it in kings of metal, only not this much), and how they seem to find themselves as the only true heavy metal band. The music is good enough, but there are a few songs that I don't think fit the album. But remember that as musicians, Manowar is a brilliant band. The image is what I don't like as much. // 6

Lyrics: Eric Adams is a very good vocalist. He can do everything from power (Warriors Of The World United and Call To Arms) to a lullaby (An American Trilogy) and impressed me just as much with his voice now, as he did with the first Manowar album I ever heard. The lyrics are still about war, death, blood and victory, but in some of the songs they are more reality and society focused, remember that this album has a lot of songs that are tributes to different people. // 8

Overall Impression: Musically this album is very good, the solos and riffs are still very good, and I really like the way the vocals are fitted to the music. Warriors of the world united is a stunning song, and even though this album isn't my favourite, that songs still gives me the chills. A true metal classic, one of the biggest ones too. There is just something missing, or is that it is too much of the commercial stuff in here, the things we see on the TV? Anyways, it's a good album, but not the stuff dreams are made of. If I were to recommend an album from Manowar, then Kings of metal would be the one on top. // 8

Warriors Of The World Reviewed by: Metalbush, on january 29, 2007

Sound: On this album you get your raw powered true metal and then you get more of a classical and even operatic outings. The recording quality on this record is brilliant but with today's technology what do you expect. Although there seems to be some clitches this album is more than worth getting (as long as your a Manowar fan). For someone new to manowar though I would suggest something else, unless you like a little classical thrown in. // 8

Lyrics: The songs on this album have your typical and brilliant Manowar lyrics (Death, Blood, Etc), but I would not have it any other way. Eric Adams also seems to have changed his style a little on this album in places. A more growly way of singing witch seems to fit the way they have down tuned the guitars to D. But he is on form as well as Joey Dimaio seems to writing the material to a new standard, the lyrics and music seems to be more extreme to me. // 9

Overall Impression: From the typical Manowar album starter Call To Arms witch is full of the sort of still fighting the world lyrics and heavy and raw riffing. The heay sort of ballad that seems to be for america The Fight For Freedom witch goes from a soft piano orientated on the first and second verse, then on the choruses and third verses bursts Karl Logan (Guitarist) with a nice solo aswell. Then I am not really a fan of opera but Eric really can sing this piece Nessun Dorma, witch just proves that his pipes are probably the best in metal perhaps the world! Then a short classical piece Valhalla witch I personally see as the intro duction to Swords In The Wind. A epic song witch is about a Viking burial at sea (you know where they set fire to the long boat) ace song though. Next you get the first cover Manowar have done An American Triology, Manowar have cleverly put their' mark on this song withoput changing the principal elements. Then the title track Warriors Of The World United, again typical Manowar lyrics but this song stands out on it's own and from now on will be a Manowar classic! My favourite song on this album has to be Hand Of Doom with a brilliant sweep picking solo and fast paced riffing, the lyrics are about your standard revenge, and death to all those who doubt thy strength! Next is House Of Death and again a bombastic fast riffing true metal song, I consider this song to be a sequel to Bridge Of Death. Then the outro song another fast paced manowar outing Fight Untill We Die, exellent lyrics, about the norse gods and fighting exellent. So if your already a Manowar fan and you don't have this album your missing out. // 8

Comments