Masterpiece Theatre review by Marianas Trench

• Released: Feb 24, 2009
Marianas Trench: Masterpiece Theatre

The band's newest creation is defenitly their best one. They did what they wanted to do, and that is make a Bohemian Rhapsody/Good Vibrations type song. They did this in the first track, Masterpiece Theatre I. "All To Myself", "Cross My Heart", "Sing Sing" and "Celebrity Status" are amazing and strong rock ballads leaving the listener hoping the song was longer.

The lyrics in this album were a bit better than those in their previous album. The band does a great job of putting in harmony between the lead and backing vocalists. The lyrics themselves are catchy and are easy to sing. Josh Ramsay displays his singing skills amazingly in this album; more particularly in the closing song "Masterpiece Theatre III".

"Masterpiece Theatre" was a good choice by the band making it the opening song of the album. "All To Myself" and "Cross My Heart" were equally good rock songs, which I believe have what it takes to be successful on the charts. "Beside You" was probably one of the best songs on this album. "Acadia" make you remember things that have happened in the past, hopefully good things. "Masterpiece Theatre II" unfortunately wasn't as good as the others in the album. "Sing Sing" and "Celebrity Status" continue on as good rock songs. "Good To You" is an outstanding track with the vocals of lead singer Josh Ramsay and guest vocalist Kate Voegele. "Perfect", "Lover Dearest" and "Masterpiece Theatre III" complete the album on a good note. I would buy this album again if mine was lost or stolen. I think that this album will end up as one of the best this year because it is.

godisasniper
    I was initially skeptical of this band because of their pop tendencies and the fact that they're on Chad Kroeger's record label...but this album is absolutely brilliant - the vocal parts are beautiful, the arrangements are different from any other band out there, and the lyrics, if slightly generic, are catchy and interesting (Acadia has some great lyrics). Their first album is also great but this is really something else.