Eat Me, Drink Me review by Marilyn Manson

• Released: Jun 5, 2007
Marilyn Manson: Eat Me, Drink Me

This is probably Mansons most personal approach to an album. It's very demented if you will, filled with many weird figurative descriptions. it's definitely nothing you have ever heard before from him. Overall great album, Tim Skold I think recall stepped it up on guitar, definitely the most guitar oriented album.

The lyrics are obviously very personal. Manson tells about his divorce with his ex wife Dita Von Tese, and his new relationship with Evan Rachel Wood. there are a lot of dark themes in this album as I had mentioned before. In certain songs like If I Was Your Vampire is almost written in a narrative style. In fact he wrote that at 6am Christmas morning as it says in the song obviously. He talks about his ups and downs during those years in his life when he wasn't making music. His singing skills have improved, deffinetly more singing then screaming on this album. Lyrically and vocally it's different then any other album he has done. But that's what I like about him, each album has a distinctive sound and it's a good thing for an artist to have, I think it's becuase of all the muscisans coming in and out of his band, except manson, maddonna wayne gacy really.

This album is different then the others he has done, but it's still really good and I suggest picking it up. It's got great guitars and good lyrics, not the Antichrist stuff, not that it wasn't bad it's just not in this album is all, and if that's the reason that made you dislike Manson, then pick this album up, it's great. I like all the songs but my favorites are, You Me And The Devil Makes 3, Putting Holes In Happiness, and The Red Carpet Grave.