Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death) review by Marilyn Manson

• Released: Nov 11, 2000
Marilyn Manson: Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death)

This album is quite phenominal. It's almost as if it tells some sort of a story, and it dose. If you noticed his earlier release Antichrist superstar, it describes complete chaos, then it rolls on into Mechanical Animals, it has a new futuristic upbeat sound and describes a time of confusion among everything, then Holy Wood comes along, it talks about the downfall of society and religon and the Antichrist rule. This is by far my favorite album, I enjoy listening to it, it also produced some of Mansons most memorable tunes, like Disposable Teens, Fight Song, and the sequal to Coma White-Coma Black. This album has a dark haunting feel. It introduces you into a world into something you have never experianced.

The lyrics are dark and forboding, nothing less I would ahev expected from Manson. This album goes everywhere with styles of rock, there are some acoustic traks such as In the Shadow Of The Valley Of Death. It talks about the decline of the world we live in to today, he basically created a satire world parallel to ours. The lyrics and teh music math eachother perfectly and John5 and Manson really did a good job of workign together on this album. Especially in songs like Coma Black its a very dark and alluring song. It's like a car crash, it sounds scary but theres something that perplexes you into listening to it.

This is by far in my opinion the best album. Its perfect, there is no bad song on this CD. It was a wonderful way to wrap up a great story. Some of ym favorite songs are Fight Song, Love Song, Disposable Teens (a great anthem song), Cruci-Fiction In Space, In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death, Coma Black, King Kill, and Target Audience. There is nothing to hate on this album its absolutly perfect. If I lost the CD I would go buy it again because of the speical goodies you get on it!