Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death) review by Marilyn Manson

• Released: Nov 11, 2000
Marilyn Manson: Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death)

Quite possibly Manson's greatest work. I felt the band consisted of the best members they have had during the bands entire carreer. It's a very powerful album with great guitar licks from John 5, twiggy and Ginger were basically the backbone of this album. This album left such an impression on me I decided to get the HollyWood symbol tattooed on the inside of my right forearm.

The lyrics were amazing, they dove into martyrdom and celebrity status of dead people in america. And they also touched on the hypocrisies of America. Even the fillers in between the songs just made CD perfect, I listen to the album from start to finish whenever it's in my CD player. All in all, it's to powerful to explain.

I felt this album was the pinnacle for Marilyn Manson considering that every vital member quit the band, and Golden Age of Grotesque was a flop. I love this album from start to finish, but my favorite song would be "The Love Song" "President Dead" and "King Kill 33" I've had this album stolen from me, and I replaced it within weeks.

pkweon
    well i personally disagree rollingstones. Eat Me, Drink Me is definitely a solid album and manson is taking a different approach but Holy Wood is Manson's most acclaimed album. plus this album had all the talented band members including Ramirez and John5.
    rollingstones
    Eat Me, Drink Me will be his best cd of all time. I just recently heard If I was Your Vampire. Amazing!