Lest We Forget: The Best Of review by Marilyn Manson

• Released: Sep 28, 2004
Marilyn Manson: Lest We Forget: The Best Of

Marilyn Manson has always impressed me. When he was with John 5 he was at his best. With amazing twisted lyrics and sweet sometimes mental guitar riffs. If you heard John 5's latest album, 'Vertigo', you would never think he was Marilyn Manson's guitarist. Now he jsut sounds like a mad hillbilly. Since John 5 left the band, the bassist has been doing guitar as well, and shows his amazing talent in 'Personal Jesus'. This song sounds a bit like some of the old stuff, like 'Rock Is Dead' but I still love it.

Excellent lyrics. Manson has always been a highly talented singer. From his very first songs 10 years ago, to now, he has always managed to maintain an excellent voice, and write amazing and bizzare lyrics.

I know it's a 'Greatest Hits' album, but there are some songs here that I haven't heard before, like 'Lunchbox' for example. If it was stolen I probably would buy it again, even though It's mostly made up of songs from 'The Golden Age Of Grotesque' and 'Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death)' which I already have. A great compilation CD, and I think they have chosen the right songs to classify his 'Greatest Hits'.