Lest We Forget: The Best Of [DVD] Review

artist: Marilyn Manson date: 05/30/2007 category: compact discs
Marilyn Manson: Lest We Forget: The Best Of [DVD]
Release Date: Sep 28, 2004
The DVD contains several easter eggs. There is a video of Manson's autopsy which can be found by highlighting his crotch in the special features menu. There is also the making of the Mobscene video (otherwise found on a limited edition single) and the performance version of the Disposable Teens video, which was shown on most television channels pre-watershed, because of the "disturbing" content in the original version.
 Content: 6
 Production Quality: 8
 7.9
 7.5
 8.2
review (1) 9 comments vote for this album:
Lest We Forget: The Best Of [DVD] Reviewed by: 133, on may 30, 2007

Sound: The sound for this DVD is not the best thing since sliced bread until you hook it up and make it really loud. Since The band has changed members so many times and this is a best of DVD the sound (of the band) is all over the place, but there is a general industrial metal feel to the entire disc, altough I say it has a general industrial metal feel to it it also has other styles such as swing/metal or even at times a pop music feel to it. It main contributing artist's to it were Brian Hugh Warner (Marilyn Manson) Jeordie White (twiggy Ramirez) and a drum machine. // 7

Overall Impression: The most mpressive thing on this DVD is the physical changes that the band and he himself have underwent, it goes from a couple of angry hicks to a metal artist with his own unique style. It definitely compares to other artists and if this DVD went missing or was stolen I would definitely rush out and buy it. The only part I love is that some of the filmclips aren't exactly other people friendly and it makes him stand out as an artist. I hate the fact that he makes so many hidden features so you are never sure you have them all. // 9

Comments