Mechanical Animals review by Marilyn Manson

• Released: Sep 15, 1998
Marilyn Manson: Mechanical Animals

Yeah, Marilyn Manson. The very name is reminiscent of satanism, depression and general unhappiness, but this is a more mature Manson, you have some good songs in here like I don't like the drugs (but the drugs like me) and rock is dead, and the dope show, there isn't any bad songs on the album so to speak, or in my opinion, anyways, the sound is casual Manson, and made of creepy keyboards and guitar riffs, its not his most original, but that's not really a bad thing.

Its lyrics are really depressing but good, with a more mature "story" to these songs, and as a result makes for some truly memorable songs e.g. "Rock Is Dead", "Dopeshow", and the music blends well with the lyrics but as I mentioned before lacks originality as it did in say "Antichrist Superstar", but its still more than good its great.

Its my second favourite Manson album ("Antichrist" being the best) but it's a great and - dare I say - beautiful album that will entertain you thoroughly from start to finish, its an album to be proud of, a great album to listen to, some truly excellent songs, and - most likely - your next favourite album.