The Golden Age of Grotesque review by Marilyn Manson

• Released: May 19, 2003
Marilyn Manson: The Golden Age of Grotesque

This album is amazing, the recent addition of Tim Skold has boosted the band's skill level a huge amount. This CD is more industrial than their past CD's, each song has more to it than some past songs. It's definitely original, I don't know of anything exactly like this.

Manson is Manson, his voice and lyrics haven't really changed since they started. The lyrics fit very, very well with the music. I believe he has matured and grown as a musician, but there isn't a huge improvement over the other records(he didn't need to change anything anyways).

I've listen to this cd everyday since it came out. Every song is amazing, they could all be singles. Hearing them live made me feel like I was going to have a stroke. If it was ever stolen I would go buy it again within the hour. Besides the music, I enjoyed the bonus DVD that came in limited edition. The movie on the DVD (Doppelherz, a film made by Manson) was...uhh...interesting, a bit strange but worth a look. I love this CD, it's one of my favorite of all time. I honestly can't think of one bad thing I can say about it, the best I can come up with is I wish there were more songs.