The Last Tour On Earth review by Marilyn Manson

• Released: Nov 12, 1999
Marilyn Manson: The Last Tour On Earth

Marilyn Manson live. Does music get any better? The sound quality of this record is amazing. I feel like I'm in the front row, hearing every note and scream. There's even a really good studio track, Astonishing Panorama of the End Times. This album features songs off every album up to Mechanical Animals, including The Beautiful People, Sweet Dreams, and The Dope Show. If you're a fan of Manson, you know what to expect sound-wise; loud and rebellious rock and roll! People call him Industrial but he's more than that. He's done glam, acoustic stuff, and goth. The downside to this album is that it covers all of their popular hits and speaking as a big Manson fan, they could have added some better tracks like Wrapped In Plastic or 1996. Although, a very good track on the album is the acoustic Last Day On Earth.

Manson is one of the greatest writers of our times. He's even writting his own movie! There's not much to say about his lyrics that haven't already been said. Their smart, rebellious, critical, and I think they are very truthful. A very cool part of the album is when Manson describes his "drug" dream and how he deals with the cops.

Manson is a genre onto himself. The only band that I could think of that comes close is NIN, probally because Manson and Trent Reznor used to be friends. My favorite songs off this album are The Reflecting God, Lunchbox, The Last Day On Earth, and Irresponsible Hate Anthem. A great album to have if you're already a Manson fan, but maybe a little to raw fo new listeners. If you're just getting into them, you should buy Mechanical Animals or Holy Wood, although my favorite is Antichrist Superstar. If it was stolen, I'd find the guy who did it and beat the crap out of him. Go buy this album!

ZombieDuck
    ^The Fight Song was on Holywood, which was released after this CD came out. Get your cronologic albums straight, lol.
    Powerageman
    I think Manson should release another live album soon. I doubt it'll be as good as this one, but still, I would like to hear some of the songs off "holywood" live.
    Jackie Lawless
    I wish there wouldv'e been more songs, like Mechanical Animals, and Posthuman, maybe even I Want to Disappear. oh, well