Hands All Over review by Maroon 5

• Released: Jul 12, 2011
Maroon 5: Hands All Over

Buying this album, I personally didn't expect much from it; I thought of maybe 4 or 5 good songs, and then just album filler. But I was wrong. I was REALLY wrong. What I got was a 18 song album full of amazing songs. Maroon 5 took the best of "It Wont Be Soon Before Long" and added some funky and jazzy touches to the mix. All the songs have a similar sound, but still different enough for you to recognize. They're all catchy as hell. Only a couple of songs aren't as good, and the album ends with a live cover version of Alicia Key's "If I Ain't Got You", and a cover of Queen's "Crazy little Thing Called Love"...Yeah, not that good...

Adam Levine's voice is great as always. Lyrics are real catchy... There's really nothing else to say. They're great.

This is Maroon 5 at its best; better than they're last album, VERY few points behind "Songs About Jane". Maroon 5 gave us such an amazing album; such great songs, such as "Misery", "Give A Little More", "Stutter", "Don't Know Nothing", "Never Gonna Leave This Bed" "Get Back In My Life", "Last Chance", "No Curtain Call", and the list goes on. Only a couple of disappointments, such as "Out Of Goodbyes" feat. Lady Antebellum, which has a country sound that doesn't fit either singer. Once again, the album is very complete. With an amazing sound and great lyrics. Thats more than enough for me. A must buy for fans of the band.

carsnguitars92
    hey guys, I'm a rock'n'roller at heart, but I love Maroon 5. Their combination of funk, rock, and pop is unmatched. I didn't really like this album the first time I listened to it, but it has steadily grown on me. Key tracks are Stutter, Just a Feeling, Misery, Get Back in my Life, Runaway, and Last Chance
    Angerday
    KlinikaNekros
    jean_genie
    There are a lot of kids on here. Kids like metal. Thus, there is a lot of metal on here. In fact, I'd go so far as to say 'heavy metal' is the preferred genre of your average internet forum user. Y'know, 'cuz .... kids an' all. But seriously. This record sucks. A coworker bought it the other day, and so of course I had to listen to it three times in a row at work. Usually I listen to something inoffensive at work (mostly classic rock an Motown), but I felt like I needed to listen to something angry and political after 2 1/2 hours of Maroon 5. I love me some pop music (see previous mention of Motown), but I can't listen to Maroon 5 without picturing these guys counting their money.
    orsgl1
    this album is great, and satriani is one of the best, but its a question of taste.... but misery was a really awful song =\ i was a little disappointed once i heard it... but the rest of it is really great!! :]
    MusicinationX
    I want to thank you guys for bashing more the album than my review XD. Again, this is all personal opinion, and I'm amateur to reviewing.
    The Koolster
    KlinikaNekros wrote: If it ain't metal,people will bash it here..I mean I hate Steve Vai,Satriani and anything shred..I appreciate,aknowledge and respect it but I hate it,still I don't go around bashing it.
    Joe Satriani... Are you kidding me? He isn't shred at all!
    Hells.Mascot
    belavista man wrote: Angerday wrote: Are there only Metalheads on this site? I love metal as much as the next guy but seriously these guys are a good band. Yep. That's why good bands like The Beatles, and anything else that strays from heavy guitars, gets slated on here.
    Da Beetles inventeded da mettle w/ helter skelter
    jean_genie
    Oh, and the fact that they named their record after one of my favourite Soundgarden tunes really irks me.
    VengeanceJonny
    How is Satriani shred? But you're absolutely right though.
    -tempest-
    band is awful, and i hate metal. so no this place isn't full of metalheads, this band just sucks.
    Paroxysm
    I don't really like the last one that much, but this album is fantasic. They also very good live.
    belavista man
    link55588
    these guys are very talented musicians, and i am a pretty bad music critic, so that coming from me is saying alot, i havent givin it a listen yet but i will, songs for jane is on my top 20 albums of all time easy
    Build An Army
    They are a good bunch of musicians, just they seem to make extremely generic music as a band. Only really good songs were on the first album.
    User_Name336
    i would have to agree. i love metal as much as the next guy, but seriously guys... step outside the metal genre and you'll see these guys have a lot of musical skill. its hard writing a funky guitar part thats as catchy as their songs are. on top of that, they have definitely mastered blending pop, rock and a bit of that funky/jazzy feel together. its solid stuff.
    Fieryhead
    I agree with both of you, they're annoying NOW. They used to be okay... well I could stand them put it that way.
    Snowman388
    they're not terrible.. they're generic, bland and their singer is annoying no wait, they're terrible.