It Won't Be Soon Before Long review by Maroon 5

• Released: May 16, 2007
Maroon 5: It Won't Be Soon Before Long

Maroon 5's 1st CD, relased in 2002 hit record numbers and almost all of the songs on the CD became hit singles as soon as they aired. It only took them 5 years to come out with a new record and it was worth the wait. There follow up CD "It Won't Be Soon Before Long" takes a differnt turn than there originall stuff. Produced by Eric Valentine, Mark Stent, Mark Endert and Mike Elizondo they all helped bring a more "Dance Vibe" to Maroon 5's second cd. There first single "Makes Me Wonder" hit number 11 on the dance charts.

As always the lyrics have some sexual underlining note in almost all the songs. It's nice on this CD, because one of the songs Adam actually sings in a lower voice (track 9: "Not Falling Apart") rather than the high one all the time, it shows off more of his vocal range. I do have to say that ocasionally the high notes can become annoying at times.

Now while maroon 5 is not my favoirite artist I can't help but turn this CD on and listen to it over and over. When I first got the CD I quickly fliped through the songs listening to only about half of each song before flipping to the next just to see if any of them caught my ear, and one of them did. Track 3, A Little Of Your Time, is by far my favorite track on the record, it has a catchy tune and just makes you want to get up and dance. The only thing that the CD lacks is that some of their songs sound the same, or are a bit repetitve. I can't really stand the chorus of "Kiwi" it's to repetive and annoying. I think that if my CD was stolen or loss I would probably just burn it from someone rather than go out to the store and spend 16 bucks on a CD I am sure one of my friends has.

RHtonyflowCP
    This album is brilliant, 10/10. It did take a while for them to release it which worked on my nut but I think the wait was worth it. Can't Stop is the best song on the album and Levine's vocals have improved by a milestone. Kudos to the guys for making a such a worthy album
    sinustrouble93
    Maroon 5's new album is tight, I kove the guitar in every single song. KIWI and Can't Stop are the best songs on the album in my view. GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!
    urbanriff
    great album best songs r can't stop,makes me wonder and won't go home without you.