It Won't Be Soon Before Long review by Maroon 5

• Released: May 16, 2007
Maroon 5: It Won't Be Soon Before Long

Maroon 5. What can I say about them. Remember their 1st album (songs about jane) which had all those "lovestruck" songs. Well they're back with a bang! Just like their previous album this album too is really funky yet meaningful. Usually you see that lovesongs have their own peaceful way into everyone's life. Well these songs are not that "happy go lucky" but they surely are peaceful. They mean a lot to people who mostly have a broken heart!

Overall lyrics are as I said before for the heart broken people. In their previous album "this love","through with you" etc proved what I mean to say. In this one the songs prove the same point. Singer Adam is really skilled at putting the lyrics with the the music. A lot of times the lyrics go to a ballad mood which really make it good. He has this really high pitched voice which goes great with the lyrics as well as the music. I guess ihs voice sows a feeling of frustration in his voice which blends everything together.

I thought of a lot of comparisons with Maroon 5 but I couldn't get any for band to band comparisons but for lyrics I would possibly compare them with My Chemical Romance, and this is for the sole purpose that both the bands have the same type of lyrics in a way. The best songs of the album I would say is "Makes Me Wonder", "Goodnight Goodnight". Other songs which I really liked are "Little Of Your Time", "Back At Your Door", "Wont Go home without You". One song which I really didn't like is "Kiwi". The bonus track "Infactuation" was really good too. As a whole, I liked the whole album, specially the music and adam's voice. What I did'nt like about the album is "kiwi". Otherwise The whole album rocks! If it were stolen, I that I would surely buy another one!

LookAlive
    Frankly, I've never been a Maroon 5 fan, but damn, I love the funk and the energy several of the songs have. Those silly, lovey songs from Songs About Jane did absolutely nothing for me. On the other hand, Makes Me Wonder and If I Never See Your Face Again, as well as Little of Your Time just make you want to get up and dance. (Aside from the fact that I can't dance.)
    Metallica Fan08
    musical_latina
    'The part of lyrics from Nothing Lasts Forever are from the The Living End song with the same title.' Ha ha!!! I looked that up, it's a TOTALLY different song. They have two completely opposite meanings behind them, and the mention of that band was pointless. 'And on Adam being dirty, does it really bother me?!?! NO! HE'S GORGEOUS' Ha ha, I just had to requote that. 'Metallica Fan08 : Hey you dumb pop (shit) rock mother ****ers. Have fun in your boy band because all the fame won't last long. That's the thing about popular music, songs are only good for a couple of days until the dumbass listening audience gets tired of it. I love listening to a song that's 20 years old and still kicks the shit out of anything today. Beat that mother ****ers.' Dude, lose the mullet. I like the classics and standards too, but you gotta open you mind to new things. I'll agree there's a lot of **** on the radio, but I wouldn't categorize Maroon 5 as ****. Adam's got more talent then any popular male vocalist out there as far as I know. And this band has the chemistry to stick around. The only reason why they took that long period of time in between is because they are a serious band, not like people who make album after album spending two years in between. A good album takes time, and experiences worth writing about. Anyway, I think the album was really great. It's a nice change from 'Songs About Jane'. Don't get me wrong, I love that album too. But this one just goes to show that they can do all sorts of genres and pull them all off really well. I love the guitar in a lot of the songs, and the bonus tracks are great especially Losing My Mind. If I lost this album...actually I wouldn't. =D
    SavSADISTIC
    I'm sorry if you don't like Maroon 5. What EXACTLY is the point of commenting on it???!!! I agree 'Songs About Jane' and 'It Wont Be Soon Before Long' have completely different feels to them but I love them both. 'It Wont Be Soon Before Long' has a more funky feel to it. The reason for this is because 'Songs About Jane' was just when they'd left university and was quite shy to the music scene (from their failed album 'Fourth World' by Kara's Flowers) The reason for the 5 year gap is Ryan Dusick their drummer left because of arm injuries and he was un-able to drum anymore. In 2005 they got Matt Flynn to join the band so they actually spent 2 years on their album. There are some funky songs like 'If I Never See Your Face Again' 'Little of your Time''Kiwi' 'Makes Me Wonder' and Can't Stop' then there are some ballady songs. He uses part of the chorus from Heard Em Say that he did with Kanye West in Nothing Last Forever. I personally believe that this is a great album. Oh and... People dont complain about Maroon 5's kinkyness in this album cause it did show up in Songs about Jane aswell xD... Plus makes it all the more enjoyable (Y)
    Mainer
    Had this album in my collection since it came out in 2007. Listened to it once. Now that I've fallen in love with Songs About Jane, and I'm more used to Adam Levine's voice, ima give it a second chance lol
    pwninator123
    Metallica Fan08 wrote: Hey you dumb pop (shit) rock mother ****ers. Have fun in your boy band because all the fame won't last long. That's the thing about popular music, songs are only good for a couple of days until the dumbass listening audience gets tired of it. I love listening to a song that's 20 years old and still kicks the shit out of anything today. Beat that mother ****ers.
    this coming from an obvious fanboy of a one-trick band with 2 good albums?