Live - Friday The 13th [DVD] Review

artist: Maroon 5 date: 09/26/2011 category: compact discs
Maroon 5: Live - Friday The 13th [DVD]
Released: Sep 20, 2005
Maroon 5 are another band that in my mind sticks out as a great live band. This DVD being shot in 2005 which was three years after "Song About Jane" (debut album) was released.
 Content: 9
 Production Quality: 9
 8.5
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Live - Friday The 13th [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 26, 2011

Sound: Maroon 5 are another band that in my mind sticks out as a great live band. With great vocals and improved guitar pieces in "Shiver" and "Sweetest Goodbye". The transition of slower rock songs, to popin' pop songs. With combinations of both in songs throughout. The story for this DVD was that the final concert while supporting "Songs About Jane" was filmed. The sound is well rehearsed and gives a great surround sound feel. The problem I found was the crowd was turned down low so it seemed there was no crowd. My second thought after that was they only came for the 3 Radio songs "Harder To Breathe", "This Love" and "She Will Be Loved." All in all sound quality was really decent. Final concert for "Songs About Jane" tour. The sun, slow begins builds to a fun outro. Faint crowd cheers, only sing along hear is in "This Love", smaller venue, but the crowd needed to be a little louder the backup singer backstage on "Harder To Breathe" and "This Love". // 8

Overall Impression: Could I compare this Maroon 5 DVD to the likes of the U2 DVD's or the Rammstein DVD's I own and honestly I can't. This DVD being shot in 2005 which was three years after "Song About Jane" (debut album) was released. It isn't a giant stadium gig, but at times it feels it could be with songs as "Sweetest Goodbye" and "Shiver". Because it is a smaller venue and smaller crowds the production isn't what it could be today and in future. The impression it left on me was how solid this band is. Things that stand out are Levine's guitar solos, Jesse Carmichael bouncing on the keys really put a smile to my face. Things that bummed me out where the fact that Madden didn't move too many steps during the whole DVD. But none the less great DVD worth the money and I would defiantly cry if it were stolen. // 8

Comments