Overexposed review by Maroon 5

• Released: Jun 26, 2012
Maroon 5: Overexposed

Let me just note before I get a bunch of hate. This album is NOT BAD it's just far from good when compared to "Songs About Jane". But do a favor and don't go into this album like me and try to compare it to "Songs About Jane", you'll like it better if you don't compare it. This album isn't meant to be compared. It's meant to stand alone as it own style. It's a very different direction for Maroon 5 and they happen to pull it off very well. When you listen to this album you'll completely understand where I'm coming from. The style for this album is very... Dubstepy? Techno'ish, very along those lines. One song that you can recognize this in is "Fortune Teller". I'm not joking you can tell from second 1 what I mean. But some of these songs are killer with this style like "Doin Dirt" and "Lucky Strike" but it also can be a burden in "Fortune Teller". It absolutely kill's the song. But they pull this style off very well (exception for "Fortune Teller"). Two of the songs that sounds the closest to the older style's of Maroon 5 is "Daylight" and "Beautiful Goodbye" and these songs are amazing. The song's are great in this album, out of 12, I would get rid of only 2. ("Sad", "Fortune Teller").

Maroon 5's vocal's are still breathtaking. THANK GOD. There still singing about the stuff there usually singing about, Which has always been great. The lyrics are what make this album great. "Tickets" shows how great they are with lyrics when it comes to verses. Catchy, fast paced, and amazing. I did think "The Man Who Never Lied" was kinda weird in the verses but after a second time listening I found it way catchy. Almost all these songs have almost flawless lyric work, Mixed with Adam's perfect one of a kind voice makes these songs so great. For example, the filler little thingy voice stretch thing through out "One More Night" makes me hate my own voice. He's amazing. I'm gonna mention it again, bear with me, but "Fortune Teller" and "Sad" were just non examples of this. The reason why I mention these is the lyrics are the WORST. All the other songs are great though, so I give this a 9.

This is album is still good, I know I had some criticism's, but the album was still great! I'm gonna be enjoying this album for a lonnnnnnnng time. I just have one question, who's gonna start tabbing these for me! Get to it! Congratz Maroon 5. You still got it.