Songs About Jane review by Maroon 5

• Released: Jun 25, 2002
Maroon 5: Songs About Jane

Maroon 5 can combine keyboard/piano with the other instruments to create a very unique sound. 'Harder To Breathe' was a good hard rock ballad to kick the record off and then the album goes to a different style for the older sounding 'This Love' there is also some nice guitar solos and vocals in the song 'Shiver'. The vocals are good in the record and there are exceptional good soft songs as well as hard rock tunes. The drums are definately worth mentioning as they are very complicated yet they totally fit.

The lyrics seem to be very meaningful on the record although I seem to get the impression that they are obscessed with love-related lyrics. The singing skills are very good but there are one or two tracks which I think could be better such as 'Sweetest Goodbye'.

I think this album is worth buying. To be honest, I thought that more of the songs would be heavier but I don't mind softer songs. I particulary liked 'Harder To Breathe', 'This Love' and 'Shiver' as these were very good lyrically and musically. If it were stolen, I would most likely buy it again as I believe it's a vital part to my CD collection.