Songs About Jane review by Maroon 5

• Released: Jun 25, 2002
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Maroon 5: Songs About Jane

"Songs About Jane" starts off with three great tracks. Harder to Breathe starts the album off well, with a more hard rock sound. The 2nd track This Love, of course, was the main reason I bought the album. I had already loved that song, that had a more funk beat, with a bit of alternative. Shiver, was the next track and it is pretty nice, its got the funk beat to it also. And the last track, which was the track that really stood out to me, and that I enjoyed the most, was Not Coming Home. It was recorded at a concert, and its got a really nice funk guitar riff in there. It was by far the best track on the record. But as for the rest of the album, it was softer, but it wasnt bad, it was just most of the songs sounded the same.

The lyrics of this album were all about love. It just got boring after awhile hearing about the same stuff. It almost got annoying.

The best thing about the album was the funkish style on some of the songs. This Love, Shiver and Not Coming Home were by far the best songs on the album. The funk guitar riff in Not Coming Home was great. But I suggest you check out more of the album before you buy it, rather than basing your decision on This Love because the album is a lot different than that song. It is a good album, but not one of my favorites.