Music For Speeding review by Marty Friedman

• Released: May 20, 2003
Marty Friedman: Music For Speeding

The sound on this album is amazing, from the extreme shred sounds to the slow acoutic guitars, this album is amazing. The sound is clear and the ammount of solo/rhythm guitar has been perfectly matched to create this masterpiece. I can't give this a 10/10 because some of the songs have too many effects and it sounds bad and gets boring after the second time listening to it.

There are no lyrics on this as it is an instrumental CD, but you can sometimes feel the words through the music, but not as much as vai or satriani. There could have been more links between the song names and the feel of the songs.

This is kind of an album like steve vai or joe satriani but with another style and I strongly recommend it to anyone who likes instrumental cds. My favorite song on this album is "Gimme A Dose" but I also like "Corazon De Santiago" which is like a spanish guitar solo, it's really nice. If it were stolen, I'd probably buy it again because the guitar on it is really nice. I would have liked at least one song with lyrics, but it's alright like it is.