Mezzanine review by Massive Attack

• Released: May 12, 1998
Massive Attack: Mezzanine

I find the cd Mezzanine by Massive Attack is the best one by them. Before that cd it followed other genres of music. But when they finally released Mezzanine thats when they became original. In numbers 2 and 9 a deep voice comes into that songs that gives you goosebumps and want you to listen more and more. Track 1 is a classic (Angel) where the singer 3d repeats love ya love ya love ya over and over and in the middle a kick ass guitar part comes in that makes you wanna do air guitar. But that is the only cd with a whole lot of substance in it. The other CDs by Massive Attack are about average or worse, but this cd defiently deserves all 4 stars or more.

The lyrics is what makes the band great. When you listen to the songs it's hard to understand what they are saying most the time, but when you look it up it is actually quite deep stuff. Not only trippy but I think the lyrics also have secret meanings to them that you have to figure out for yourself. It's great times trying to figure out what the lyrics are trying to really say. I'm not exaggerating if there were more stars I'd give them more.

It's probably never going to be a wide spread name cause they don't play much in the USA. They are becoming famous in Europe but not much more than that. I feel its one of the most under rated bands in the music industry right now, for there lyrics and music combined together is almost breath taking. I'm just waiting for another album like Mezzanine to come out by Massive Attack, cause I'll be the first to buy it.

Robert I.
    Massive Attack rocks, Tool rocks, Aperfectcircle rocks... Rock on! This album is awesome!!
    livewire76
    This is album is absolutely, unbeliveably good!! If you like music with atmosphere then you MUST but this, you wont regret it. And i have to say i disagree with the reviewer that the lyrics are the best aspect about this album. Its the WHOLE album thats good. The music and lyrics work perfectly together. You like Tool? Buy this. You like NIN? ditto You like good music? You know what to do!
    g-tarist
    ha totaly agree fan of tool & NIN. massive attack are by far one of the best electronic acts around today if not the best.