Leviathan review by Mastodon

• Released: Aug 31, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 1.7 Junky
Mastodon: Leviathan

My first impression was "I will never get that money back from iTunes, curse me!" The reviews from UG said it was good. Ahh how we are misled at times. The sound is (from the guitars) Green Day, detuned, and slowed down, way way down. Most of the songs sound just like the last. At least 3 have very similar intros. I'd like to share that I do not like this album, but I think Mastodon could have done better.

I don't know any of the lyrics, because they guitar drowns them out. They are (I'm pretty sure) about the whole "Moby Dick" theme which is kind of cool, if you're always sailing the high seas in search of vengeance upon the white whale himself.

I have all of the songs exept for the last one. The 30 second sample of the last song (called somthing like "Joeseph Merrick") had a cool acoustic bit. In my opinion it is the album's greatest point. That's one song, one. I dislike the sound, but I won't say that Mastodon suck. If it were stolen, I'd smile to myself knowing that the person who stole it would be tormented by this album's crap sound.