Leviathan review by Mastodon

• Released: Aug 31, 2004
Mastodon: Leviathan

Mastodon is a great band with alot of talent, and they can make some great music. I found out about the CD just browsing through amazon, and bought at my fye store. I'm a big fan of the sludge metal and like the aquatic sound and effects through out the album. Oh yeah! The cover art is awsome too.

This is the lowest point of the album. It doesn't mean it's trash though. I really likes the Moby Dick story through out the album, and fit the aquatic sound very well. Thank god the ltrics came with the album though because some times I couldnt hear what he was saying. I wish he could sing more Ozzy like, like in the song Naked burn, because he can sing well for the musical genre.

This is one of the best albulms they've made. My favorite songs are "Blood and Thunder", "Megalodon", and "Naked Burn". I like the drums probably the most, but the singing would sometimes get annoying. If some thing awere to happen to it I would buy it again. Although it's not a perfect album it makes you want to see what they will be coming out with next.

smb
    The sound is (from the guitars) Green Day, detuned, and slowed down, way way down.
    What on earth are you talking about? I can't see any similarity between Mastodon and Green Day. I don't think he quite gets the idea of a concept album either - the songs are meant to be along similar lines - it's an album not a collection of singles.
    shadowsofbodom
    mastodon is awesome! if u like green day, then there is no way you should even review a mastodon album, your viewpoint gets screwed up
    Josh Laiho
    Mastodon is an awesome band and they are nothing like green day. Mastodon actually has talent green day doesn't and green day claims to be punk when they are not. Mastodon Rocks!!!!!
    MetalheadX
    Ok..... 1. whoever the **** said that the guitars in this album sound like Greenday, you my f(r)iend are an idiot. 2. Leviathan is mastodons best album. 3. I agreee with Spawn6937 4. Panic! At the Dick show needs to die. 5.Rock on Mother****ers \m/
    kris1991
    I think that 'no seatbelt's' comments are very unfair ie guitars sounding like green day WTF!!!! these guys are fantastic guitarists it is so tight it hurts! listen to iron tusk Then buy this album 7 times
    livewire76
    LOL "mastodon sound like green day"??? WTF?? I just found this band.. specifically "blood n thunder".. In a word: YEAH!! The album is on order and i have a feeling i'll be buying the rest of the catalogue too.
    God_in_a_bag
    mastodon rule y dnt u try wearing no seatbelt and crash. painful i kno but it mite sort ur head out. MASTODON RULE!!!!! \m/- booyah