Remission review by Mastodon

• Released: May 28, 2002
Mastodon: Remission

This is one of the best cds I own. Mastodon is unlike any band I've heard. The music is an excellent blend of metal, hardcore, and stoner rock, making it hard to categorize Mastodon. If you have heard this cd, you know what I am talking about. The accompanying 9-song live dvd is also excellent. It shows the Atlanta based band in action. I must say I cannot wait for the follow up to this record. The drummer has a shit load of energy and shows it on every minute of every song on here, from the heavy "Crusher Destroyer," to the fast-paced "Burning Man," to the last song "Emerald" (which is a Thin Lizzy cover). Definitely worth the money spent on this record.

None of the songs on this album really have a lot of lyrics. The last half of alot of the songs are just the band showing off it's music talent. The way the vocalist sings goes great with the brutality of the music. The actual lyrics are great too. You can really see the amount of emotion the singer puts into the songs on the dvd. The singer is one of the greatest singers of metal today, and I wouldn't think twice about going to see Mastodon live.

This album blew me away. I listen to it all the time, and it never ceases to amaze me. The guitar riffs are excellent and unparalled by most of the nu-metal and pop-punk shit thats out there today. The bass lines are fucking great also, as is the drumming. The drummer is furious and shows his talent throughout the whole cd, never letting up for a second. If I lost this cd, which better not happen, I wouldnt hesitate to buy it again. for those of you that burned a copy of this cd, go buy it. If not for the fact you basically stole it, do it for the 9 song live dvd that comes with it.