Nothing Left To Lose review by Mat Kearney

• Released: Apr 18, 2006
Mat Kearney: Nothing Left To Lose

Mat Kearney is a new artist from Portland, Oregon but now resides in Nashville. This is his first album after his EP "Bullet". His music is mostly acoustic guitar, but he has some piano songs as well. His music is generally very heart-felt, and most of the songs are "stories" about people's lives. This album differs from other albums from his genre due to the fact that all of his songs are not about love relationships.

Kearney's lyrics are generally melancholy, but he still has many up-beat songs like "Nothing Left To Lose" and "Time". You can tell from listening to this album that the lyrics he sings mean a lot to him, and that he is putting his heart into the words. Mat Kearney really has a knack for making his lyrics fun to sing and enjoyable to hear. His voice is very calming, and I like to listen to his music when I'm stressed or just chillin'.

I would say that this album is one of the best albums that has been released in recent years. If you still haven't heard him yet, go out and buy his album, I can assure you that your money will not be wasted. In my opinion, the best tracks are "Time", "Nothing Left To Lose" and "In The Middle". If something tragic was to happen to my copy of this album, I would have to go out and buy it as soon as I could because it is so exquisite. This album is the musically rich start of the hopefully long and prolific career of Mat Kearney.

staind_dust87
    Mat Kearney is really great, I got the album the other day and I didn't really get into it after the first listen, but on the second and third, I started to love it! Now it never leaves my CD player! "Can't Break Her Fall" and "In The Middle" are my favorites.
    Entendu
    I listen to alot of hardcore, metal, and punk and I love this album; You're exactly right it's great to listen to just chill.
    RelientK_V_Fan
    He has a really peaceful voice and I love all "All I need","What's a boy to do", and "Where do we go from here".
    la6strings
    MK is a representation of what modern day music should sound like. At least there is still hope for music future when atrists like MK are writing such beautiful music.