Stories And Alibis review by Matchbook Romance

• Released: Sep 23, 2003
Matchbook Romance: Stories And Alibis

This band has very catchy but meaningful songs with a kind of rock sound to it but the lyrics are very emo. In their song "If All Else Fails" they have a snare drum, and thats an example that they have many other instruments to accompany thier own. Each song is put together well and all are enjoyable to listen to, you don't have to be in the mood like other bands music. This band also does not dress like the usually emo bands at all they seem like very down to earth guys and that's cool.

The lyrics are very deep and emotional, if you like a band mainly for the sound of the singers voice then you will love this guy, he has a great voice. He generally does not scream but the other guitarist does, and I wouldn't say he's the best screamer but their is not a whole lot of screaming in the songs on the this album but their is enough for me.

This is probably my most favorite band in the whole emo genre. I like every single song on the CD and they have done something a little wierd with the tracks, there are 84 tracks, 12 are music, and the rest skip on until number 84 were ther is a lot of mumbling I cant really hear. Some of it is "I'm making excuses just to touch you and I can't stop" and that's from their "Playing For Keeps" song wich is also my favorite. If anybody can figure out the rest contact me please. This album seemes hard to get, everytime I would go to a store it was never their but I finally found it and its on my computer so I'll always have their music with me.