Voices review by Matchbook Romance

• Released: Feb 14, 2006
Matchbook Romance: Voices

Nice melodic styles that are pushed up by a rock-style core of the music, they vary and are good in each of their own ways, most songs are easily catchy, which will result in much replaying. The CD the case even contains a hidden message to decypher, and it looks as if there is a central meaning surrounding this CD. They also use other instruments to accompany thier own, which expands their appeal. Overall their talent is common, but very much above average, a lot of the strength of this CD lies in the formation and composition of each song.

The lyrics are very emotional, and sincere, to comply with the music, it can parallel the music well or bounce off it greatly, but the style allows both to work extremely well, if you like good singing, the singer is naturally good, sometimes he leans toward a common sound but there is a slight variation of his voice that allows for a good new experience.

It is a good overlooked competitor for a lot of artists and should grow larger, as the years go on, my favorite song from this album is My Mannequin Can Dance, but I have never made it all the way through the final track, which is a wholloping 15 minutes long, over all this album was a good blind investment, because I had never heard of them before now.

AnalWelder
    I bought this album a while ago, it was also a blind investment for me, and I loved it. It is exactly my type of music, emo with a heavier side o it, although heavier riffs wouldnt go too far wrong. Mathbook Romance is a great band and I will definatly buy thier future albums. I think this review was spot on. Great stuff!
    TheRattle§nake
    Man these guys rule!!!!! but every Cd store I go to I can never find this album, i just find a crappy demo album with 2 of their songs and 2 motion city soundtrack songs.