Decomposer review by Matches

• Released: Sep 12, 2006
Matches: Decomposer

On their last Album, E. Von Dahl Killed The Locals, The Matches had more of a up-beat pop-punk sound with the occasioanal slow song. Decomposer is filled with more techno-istic sounds, but on some tracks they revert to good 'ol Matches.Mark Hoppus, and John Feldmann both were producers, who you think would add a pop-punk flare, which they sorta did.

The lyrics are emotional, but not too emotional. The way Shawn sings them is in a very quick tempo, hard to hear way. Shawn feeds off his backups Jon and Justin, respectivley. You have songs such as "Little Maggots", obviously about growing up, but then you have "Papercut Skin" which is about day-after-day (with a Myspace Romance). So it's the normal teenage music.

This album fits in with all of the other pop-punk/emo-pop albums, but The Matches music diversity make it better to listen to. The song I like the most is You (Don't) Know Me. I like the lyrical flow and the guitaring in the song. What I like the most is the upbeat-ness on the songs that are upbeat. What I dislike are the other musical sounds that sound like tehcno, if I wanna hear techno, I'll goto a rave, but I don't wanna hear techno. If this album were lost or stolen, I would buy it again, but maybe not play it/listen as much.