Don't Let It Go To Waste review by Matt Willis

• Released: Sep 5, 2006
Matt Willis: Don't Let It Go To Waste

Matt Willis shows his powerful song writing powers in this epic 11 track masterpiece of a pop record. After so many problems when Busted split Matt took a lot of time out rehab trying to get his life back on track again. This album shows so much passion and energy, and every song has that onfectious hook that you will hum along to in the car or just around the house, he has shocked and amazed me with the melodies he has produced on this album, wokring with A's frontman there is no shortage of a massive mouthful of pop anthems. Outstanding.

Matt's lyrics are virtually the same as they were in Busted, but they are slightly more first person this time around, although we knew what he was capabe of when we heard 'Fake' and 'Better Than This' on 'A Present For Everyone' with Busted. Matt's tone of voice has many ranges, he can sing rock style melodies, because his voice is gritty and he can sing ballads with ease, he's shown he was just an important part of Busted than James or Charlie. Overall he's done us proud.

The album is amazing, Matt has certainly shown he's more than a short trousered popstar, he's much like a descendant from a Def Leppard record. His sound is unique and some of the songs on there are worthy of a No.1 single, especially 'Who You Gonna Run To' and 'Luxury' the structure of those songs need safety equiptment they are that dangerously addictive! every song is amazing especiall 'Me and your mother' after 'Falling Into You' it kicks in about 7:22 at the end and it's a Busted-esq song which brings back the memories of when Busted were around. I love everything about this album. I wouldn't lose it simple as that.

karlh07
    10/10? I find it hard to believe that this Matt WIllis guy has created the world's first flawless album.
    Anarchy_Ant
    Matt's lyrics are virtually the same as they were in Busted
    Oh good lord, i happen to have read some of Busted's lyrics after hearing a song and being shocked. Here's an example.
    He said I've been to the year 3000 Not much has changed but they live underwater and your great great great granddaughter is pretty fine (she's pretty fine.)
    Yeah, lyrical-incestuous genius.
    spirit_master09
    ive acually listen to the album and for a solo album its pretty good remember he cam from busted and some of the stuff on the album is nothing like anything from busted and the son dont let it go it waste is amazing