Avalanche review by Matthew Good

• Released: Mar 4, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Matthew Good: Avalanche

This was a different sound for me. I was expecting it to sound a lot like he did wen he had that band, but it wasn't what I expected. Matt has definetly toned down a bit but it's not neccessarly for the worst. I'm still kind of undiecided wether I'm a big fan or not tho.

His lyrics do have a lot of meaning in this album, that's for sure. He sings alot about how us humans are pretty screwed up and stuff like war. He's not really political, but more anti-war I guess. His songs are well written for sure, but the don't always make sense like in "Avalanche" when he keeps sayin' "One foot in front of the other" and about hunting rabbits, but it's alrite.

Overall this is not for a harder rocker, but its basically a soft rock album you would mellow out to I guess. The asongs are talented and I think Matt is way underrated 'cause he has a lot of talent, its just not mainstream. Some good songs are "Weapon," "World Called Catastrophe," 21st Century Living" and "House Of Smoke And Mirrors." It's an alrite album and if your a soft rock fan you'll like it. Iprobably wouldn't buy it again however.