Avalanche review by Matthew Good

• Released: Mar 4, 2003
Matthew Good: Avalanche

Before I go on, I must clear one thing up. I was a huge Matthew Good Band fan, and had all their CD's. Matthew Good realeased this stellar debut solo album in 2003 with marginal sales success compared to his efforts with the band. This 13 track outfit has quite a few good songs, including the singles "Weapon," "In A World Called Catastrophe" and "Pledge Of Allegiance." Though some tracks in this CD are an acquired taste, most casual listeners will find this is a enjoyable disk. Matthew Good used a unique approach to some songs in this album. He has the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra on backup for a few of the tracks.

Matthew Good has once again established himself as the cutting edge writer of the 21st century. He uses unique and eclectic words to take his music to another dimension. Though on "Double Life" he makes a lacklustre effort, The overall impression of this CD lyrics wise is Excellent!

My overall impression of this album was great! The most impressive songs in the album is "Pledge Of Allegiance," "Lullaby For The New World Order" and "21st Century Living." I love the Vancouver Orchestra in the songs, in my opinion bringing something completely unique on the table. On the downside though, I thought there were 3 pretty weak efforts on the sound and lyrics department. If it were lost, I would definetely buy anoter copy. Matthew Good is a excellent talent, and it would be a shame if he stopped recording albums due to poor record sales. Please! support him and buy "Avalanche." I'm sure you wont regret it.