In A Coma: 1995-2005 review by Matthew Good

• Released: Oct 11, 2005
Matthew Good: In A Coma: 1995-2005

Disc #1 was a collection of killer matthew good and matthew good band songs. it had everything you want in a matt good greatest hits, and then some. The first new track, oh be joyful, is fun to listen too, I just found that I got tierd of it quickly, (possibly due to playing it too much). The second new track, big city life is actually a new favorite of mine. I think that it is very well written song and is a very good piece. Other than those two it's all Matt Good from the old days. Seems to be missing anti pop, but that's ok. Disc #2 is an acoustic disc with rewritten verisons of old Matt Good favorites: Truffel Pigs, Tripoli, Apparitions, North American For Life, etc. Great addition.

lyrics? It's Matt Good, they are great! Rage and angst topped of with some sarcasm. Just awesome. Matt also has a great voice that suits his music very well, songs like Apparitions really show off his incredible voice.

It's definatly a must have for any Matt Good fan, old or new, it's got your old Matt Good and your new Matt Good, what more could one want? There are no realy standouts 'cause I think its a solid album, Matt put all of his greats on here. I love the bonus DVD with all the video's and the bonus making of rooms. If it were stolen or lost I'd probably buy a new one, it's definatly worth the money (if you search around you can get the three disc one cheap).

Symphonica
    I only have the two-disc one, but I absolutely adore every single aspect of both albums. Fated and The Fine Art of Falling Apart are two songs I listen to when I'm really down in a hole, and his new rendition of Hello Time Bomb is one I've always connected well with. You've got some nice points in this review I must say.