A Lesson In Romantics review by Mayday Parade

• Released: Jul 10, 2007
Mayday Parade: A Lesson In Romantics

Mayday Parade's sound is great. They have a beautiful blend of their instruments and vocals. And with more than one person singing in the band. With songs like Black Cat and When I Get Home You're So Dead showing their more rock styled side and Miserable at Best showing a more emotional side. Mayday Parade's sound is simply amazing for a debut record and I can't to see what they will become.

The lyrics are nice and can be clever, but they're obviously not top-notch yet. But it's acceptable for a young band. They do blend in nicely with the instruments, which makes for more than just catchy songs. The vocalists of Mayday Parade go well together, and both have good voices for the style of music that they are playing (there aren't two lead singers, it's like Taking Back Sunday, 1997, The Hush Sound, or June in the fact that there's a lead singer and another memeber sings as well as plays).

A Lesson In Romantics could compare to an album like Tell All Your Friends by Taking Back Sunday in the idea that it's a great debut album (I'm not saying it's better, you can decide that). In my opinion I would have to say that When I Get Home, You're So Dead and Black Cat have the most potential to become singles and are the best songs. Jamie All Over and Miserable At Best are good songs as well. Overall this was an impressive album from Mayday Parade and I can't wait for more to come from them in the future.