A Lesson In Romantics review by Mayday Parade

• Released: Jul 10, 2007
Mayday Parade: A Lesson In Romantics

Wow. The sound of Mayday Parade... Is unique in the best way possible. They are one of the only bands that I think can pull everything off. Mayday Parade can definatly express there emotion through music, and te sound. The band have came far from where they started, and every single step was worth it. It seems like for there debut full length that it would be kinda if'y but..that album was the best album I've heard in years. The sound makes yu want to listen to it for days and days. They are definatly creative, with everything they do. They know how to even out their sound by... Making the guitars in thier songs not to low or not to high.

The lyrics are about the best lyrics any band I think could write. Derick Sanders and Jason Lancaster can definatly lead the band. But now with Jasn leading his band Go Radio, it seems as though the music to come from mayday parade might not be as good. But definatly still a 10/10. Derick and Jason from Mayday Parade both brought thier own aspect to the band. Derick brought the regular emotional voice into the band. And Jason brought the emotional verses and chorus to some of thier songs. Dericks and Jasons voices together were like the best voices that could go together. Like as example in "When I Get Home Your So Dead" towards the end of the song(2:04), Jason and Derick are both singing. And their voices go together perfect. it's hard to believe that they are both making a statement with thier lyrics in seperate ways, and at the same time. The singers are what makes Maydy Parade so unique, lyric wise. And they can make any thing sound good. And towards the end of the song of "I'll be the Wings that... " the emotion is basically exploding. Jason can pour his hear out into the lyrics.

Overall this album is a must have. If you don't have it, get it. th CD is a must have, cause the sound is great, the band is great. Everything is amazing. And the most impressive songs on the album I think are... Al of them... But a few that stick out in my head are "I'd Hate To Be You When People Find Out What This Song Is About" cause the guitar riff that opens the song into the first verse is amazing. And the solo in the song is so solid. And the song "Ocean and Atlantic" is amazing, especially the chorus. The chorus is the best. They have a unique way of putting things. And that's another thing that makes them so great. Mayday Parade can put things into perspective that other bands can't even touch.

gdsum41fan
    to rainbeforedawn5: theres really only 2 vocalists on the album. jeremy doesnt sing, jason lancaster does
    gdsum41fan
    oh nevermind i just read the other comments. by the way, nobody said how awesome Black Cat's solo is
    c00kie7
    there are only a handful of albums i can listen to from start to finish and enjoy every song, and this is one of them. amazing album by an amazing band