Mayday Parade review by Mayday Parade

• Released: Oct 4, 2011
Mayday Parade: Mayday Parade

Just like their previous albums, "Mayday Parade" have come out with heartfelt songs full of raw emotion. They kept their previous pop-punk sound, it felt as though they never really changed their style of music at all. In my personal opinion, after listening to the album, the songs all sounded the same. There was no really shining song in the album. Don't get me wrong, their all great tracks, but I was hoping for a really noticeable song.

Their lyrics are amazing as they always were. Full of raw emotion that really tugs on your heartstrings. Just as their previous albums, most, if not all of the songs are about love. Whether it be about getting over someone, or falling in love again. You can tell that they really took their time writing these songs. I absolutely love the lyrics, even though I'm not a huge Mayday Parade fan.

Overall, I think this album is great though slightly repetitive. But don't let that deter you from buying this album. I highly recommend it for anyone who is or has dealt with a broken heart before. The most recognizable song from the album would have to be the first song "Oh Well, Oh Well". It starts with a slow piano and Derek singing. It starts of slow and them shifts into a fast pop-punk tempo.

jlinitz
    NemX162 wrote: Do you know what emo is? Mayday Parade is not.
    there are many "emo" qualities in the lyrics if you actually listen to them. "Ill down a few drinks just to take the pain away" "You're adorable as hell, but I'm glancing at your wrist" implying cut wrists I get what you mean but there are hints of "emo" in the album
    Cliff_Is_God
    This was a surprising album, i really enjoyed it. Still saying Hello Mayday Parade, Goodbye All Time Low
    NoobMuncher3000
    =McS=
    As long as this is better than that last one, I'm down. I liked their first album.
    snokid18
    fastlanestoner wrote: A Lesson in Romantics was by far their best. Maybe Jason had something to do with that...
    Metallidethium
    I feel like this band is the only band left in pop punk that writes truly heartfelt songs and not just cheesy summer hits (I'm looking at you (new) All Time Low).
    Quilava
    NoobMuncher3000 wrote: If you guys think Mayday Parade is the only pop punk band with heartfelt songs, I'd like to introduce you to The Wonder Years...
    +1. I've never really listened to Mayday Parade, but my girlfriends a big fan of them. I'll give them a listen, soon.
    route101
    snokid18 wrote: Have you heard this whole new album???? It is seriously amazing. Not a single bad song on it at all.
    Damn right. Every single song is wonderful in its own way. Probably one of the only albums I've listened to, by anyone, where this isn't "that one song" I always feel compelled to skip.
    chocomoos2
    This album is amazing guys. Yes, it is repetitve in a way, but that sound, that style that we're all used to- is Mayday Parade's sound. The serenading songs that you can't help but listen to, sing a long to, cry to, and fall asleep to. I love all the songs in this album and I'm very pleased. I loved A Lesson On Romantics, and this album really proves that Mayday Parade still has their sound that originally gained them so many fans with (I wasn't too happy with Anywhere But Here). And people should stop bringing Jason in. He is an amazing singer and is doing perfectly well with his own band and Mayday Parade-- after hearing this album-- it is obvious that they too are doing very well.