De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas review by Mayhem

• Released: May 24, 1994
Mayhem: De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas

Well to start with in my opinion the true mayhem is with Euronymous (former guitarist). When Euronymous died mayhem also died. There is no reborn. De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas is darkness. One of the best black metal album.I t is just great. The sound is old school black metal and pure norwegian. The drums are compared with a machine-gun cause Hellhammer (drummer) is fast like a machine. The guitar is chaotic and the bass is also dark. DMDS is a perfect black metal album but the action recording process faced many difficulties. Euronymous and other members had difficulties-places to stay, problems with money etc. But this album was released and black metal ruled.

The lyrics are very poetic such as in "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas", "The Freezing Moon" and "Funeral Fog". What makes this album to belong to the black metal genre is that it is most of all Satanic. All lyrics are satanic. Now I believe that Attila is the most suitable man for the vocals. Attila is a god. When he is singing the darkness expands. His best vocals skills are in DMDS-this song is pure black magic.

This is the best album in the black metal scene cause it is perfect. This Album Is Darkness. All 8 tracks are perfect without compare. I have no things to hate about this magnificent album. If it where stolen I would buy another one again and again. No cheap mp3s from the internet. If you don't have this album you have no idea what black metal is.

Filip413
    quote: "The drums are compared with a machine-gun cause Hellhammer (drummer) is fast like a machine" lol
    swave75
    This is the first black metal album I bought. I was looking for something evil. This was what I needed. I listened to it eleven times straight without touching another cd. This is THE black metal album.
    TempleOfMonkeys
    haha, "thrash metal piece of shit" this album is awesome.., can't find it in any of the music shops though, which sucks
    2Old2Cold
    This is the single greatest black metal album ever recorded. Everything is perfect about it. Every song is perfect. Dead's lyrics are pure poetic darkness. Euronymous' riffs are cold and like thousands of demons ripping at your flesh. Hail Euronymous, hail Dead, hail the True Mayhem!
    cheetoque121
    Fuck to those who oppose thrash metal. and Fuck to those who oppose black metal. Seriously though, this album is ace!
    Jøhnny
    Whoa, the first review is hilariously bad, it's like made by some brainwashed fanboy! Sound: Everything is perfect /10 Lyrics & Singing: Best vocals & lyrics ever /10 Overall impression: Perfect and best album ever /10 Also:
    As far as I know, only the lyrics in the song De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas are satanic, the other lyrics on the album are just somehow dark, but not satanic... Also:
    When Euronymous died mayhem also died.
    Yeah, typical Euronymous fanboy... All Mayhem's albums are good, just listen to them.
    Cowsezmoo
    amazing album, so dark and evil, yet not all about worshipping satan. more along the lines of paganism. just how i like my black metal.
    dark_shredder
    All I can say is that I have a strong distaste for euronymous as he was a prick who pretended to be brutal dead however was brutal and my hero may I live forever in his lyrics
    6METAL6BASSIST6
    No black metal album will ever be like this, or better, I can't explain how sinister sounding Euronymous' tone is, and Varg's bass, just holy shit.