Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster review by Maylene and the Sons of Disaster

• Released: Oct 25, 2005
Maylene and the Sons of Disaster: Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster

The sound is one of a kind, I've heard southern rock and I've heard hardcore hell, I've heard southerncore but these guys do it like no one else. In the song "Caution: Dangerous Curves Ahead" it starts out with a scream of agoney straight to a breakdown with a ting of souther twang. The next 30 seconds proceed to blow your mind with a slow but deep drum beat consisting of two hit's to the bass drum and a snare then rocks you into a daze with sick guitar cords. This song was all it took to make me fall in love with them.

Back to the previous example "caution" the lyrics fit his southern anger with lines such as "I wanna be the bullet to bring you to your (slight pause) knees!" "yo man watch this swinging!" "feel your insides as they grow weak!" "forgive me for this.. on the other side!" I mean this stuff makes me wanna fight. There are no better words to fit this song. As well as the other tracks are conserned if I didn't peg it on this example then don't waste your time they are so diffrent yet all have the same intensity!

My impression is short and simple. They will make you wanna fight! I was never into dancing at shows but it's a sin not to at theirs! I would deff. Recoment them to any one who likes hardcore. These guys deff. Have what it takes to get a crowd moving. I bought the CD twice one for my computer and one for my car believe that they are on my zune. Finish reading comment and then go buy the CD.