Room on the 3rd Floor review by McFly

• Released: Jul 5, 2004
McFly: Room on the 3rd Floor

What first struck me about this album, was the way sounds of old and new were combined together so well, and came out sounding like a simple combination, which it definitely is not. It's clear to tell influences come from Beatles, Beach Boys, and definitely The Monkees, but this is well balanced out for this day and age with some modern pop inputs with "Not Alone" and "Room On The Third Floor", in my opinion the best songs on the album. There is some awesome talent below that pop exterior, and it clearly shines through with the guitar solos and the writing techniques. This is a band that is very well balance, with Danny the amazing guitarist (Tom's very good too) and Tom the excellent songwriter.

The lyrics compliment the sound perfectly. Nothing too deep, just bright and breezy with the exception of a few songs, which are nevertheless amazing.

A bright, summery sounding record. Perfect for all ages, for the older audience reminicsing the age of the beach boys, but also for the younger sector of the public with bouncy tunes with a perfect guitar-stricken aura, and the cover doesn't look too bad either! Definitely the best cd I've bought in the past few months. Let's now hope my promo pays off and it goes to number one!