Room on the 3rd Floor review by McFly

• Released: Jul 5, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
McFly: Room on the 3rd Floor

Well I personally think that this is a rather funky album. I do think however that about halfway through you kinda get the idear that the rest of the songs are gonna be pretty much the same. You can definatly tell that they have listened to rather a lot of beach boys songs. Many people may say that they sound like Busted but personally I don't think they do. It's guite good for listening to while your cleaning or something, 'to keep your spirits up'. You can't help having a little wiggle while doing the dusting!

The lyrics are actually pretty much teenage boy stuff but considering that is what they are you can't really hold it against them. They are quite fun and you can sing along to them which I always find is a bonus. If you want a album with fantastic lyrics that have very profound meanings then you will have probably realised already realised that this album is not for you. But if you want a bit of fun then I would recomend it.

When I first listened to the album I was actually quite impressed. I kinda liked the single (5 Colours In Her Hair) it's a good silly song. However after a while I kinda get bored of it but it is good for background music while your doing other stuff thats rather monotonous. I would recomend it if theres no other album you want to buy but it wouldn't be my first choice.