Wonderland review by McFly

• Released: Aug 29, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
McFly: Wonderland

Wow totally different sound from their first album. Each song has a great inro, it kinda gives a false meaning to the song, it sounds happy but as it gets into each song you relise it's not. This ablum has more meaning behind it, each song could mean something different could link up to make one hudge hidden message. This album seems to be alot more about broken hearts, any McFly fan woulld love this album. It's a whole new side to McFly. Going from as something poppy like "5 colours in her hair", to some more up beat like "I Wanna Hold You", is a big jump in music style. not only have they mangered to get a few number 1's but also a world record with their first album, oridanly set by The Beatles.

The lyrics have really been thought about, it's the type of lyrics that get you thinking that not everyones' life is as good as ours. These boys go one step further with lyric writing, they seem to be more about question and answer. With some of the lyrics the veries seem to be sad and depressing but you get to the chorus and then the boys look on to the brighter side of things, a good example of these would be " I've Got You." It's not just the lyrics on it's own that gets you thinking, it's the way McFly sing the songs and the style of their music. One song on the album that would really get you thinking about your parnter would have to be "She Falls Asleep" as the lyrica for this song is to do more with reality then any other song on the album.

Trying compare McFly's first album with this one isn't to hard, both albums have a completely different sound. What makes this album so great in my eyes is the fact it really gets me thinking about life and everything in it. The bests songs on the ablum would have to be "She Falls Asleep" as it a song everyone can relate to, "Too Close For Comfort" this one makes me think about love life and how it so closey resembles anyones love life. I love the whole album all the songs sound different, which is great on an album. If I had to dislike anything about this album it would probley be the long introduction for "She Falls Asleep." This defently be one of the albums I'll go out and buy again if I had lost it, or got it stolen, it's a fanstic ablum it's one thats defently worth buying.