Wonderland review by McFly

• Released: Aug 29, 2005
McFly: Wonderland

I think the change in style has changed drumatically in the second album! With the first album being all about how to get the girl or you can't get the girl and in the second album. There is only 1 song that sort of matches that (I Wanna Hold You). The second album is much more mature and the songs are about really life things such as one song is about you're parents fighting and how your getting through it, another is about being down in the dumps and bein depressed and then you just tell yourself "I'll Be Okay" and there is also a song about going through a midlife crisis. And also a song about a girl committing suicide. I think the band could pull off any sound and the fans would still love it!

The overall impression of the lyrics is really good as they have still got that slight cheekyness in some of their songs! I do think that it is mostly sang by tom in this album exept for don't know why which is sang by danny and there are a few songs where dougie sings a few lines in. But I think the song which stands out most for lyrics would be Too close for comfort. They are very true and heavy. Something like they have never written before. And Danny's voice stabs through really strong on this song which makes it more drumatic. Then there is She Falls Asleep played on piano and sung by Tom. I think Tom's voice is just right for this song as it is very soft. I think their singing abilities is awesome and then their playing abilities even better!

This album has to be one of the best in 2005, definately in teh top 10. I think the most impressive songs have to be She Falls Asleep Part 2 and Too Close For Comfort but also I Wanna Hold You as it goes back to their roots. I love how they have mixed in Real Life but also some of the lyrics do relate back to their roots. I don't think I hate anything about it to be honest! I have actually recently had it stolen from the car and I did go out and buy it again. It's an album you can listen to over and over and never get bord!