Wonderland review by McFly

• Released: Aug 29, 2005
McFly: Wonderland

In this album McFly combinates good, catchy lyrics and a wonderful rythm, being suitable for any age, not like their previous album Room on the 3rd Floor. The previous CD was very teenage-ish, with songs talking about girls, summer, and beachy things, but still being a good album, but not better than this one. Wonderland is very very grown up, you can definetely see their evolution. They learned how to combine every single aspect to make the songs sound, feel, and be good, not using pop lyrics and beats as they used to do. A bit of that music still remains, as you can see in I've Got You and All About You, to balance the album a bit.

Lyrics are SO wonderful. Of course there are some things that don't fit with the song, sometimes you can see they just tried to find a word to make a rhyme, but overall, some of the lyrics even give me the chills. I Wanna Hold You's "Say the magic words and I'd destroy the world for you. An army for the broken hearted, marching through the streets, and every city's burning to the ground under your feet" or the song Danny wrote when his father betrayed his mom, Don't Know Why's "And I don't know why, I just let slip by, me all the time, I just wish you had tried" are great examples. McFly was doing some really good stuff at that time.

Best album of the band. A little time ago I though it was MITO, because I liked the songs more, and I still do. But I really have to admit, Wonderland is a lot more well done than Motion in the Ocean is. I kind of missed the bouncy beats that I love at the beggining, but now I can see that they're just nothing compared to the other aspects of a song, wich they really kicked some ass here.

smalltowns
    Leats say, it was a girl playing teh drums, they would be just "a band" but becaus eits 4 guys everyone says there a boy band which is bull shit if u ask me. There talented and thats what makes there music sell.
    fedeforever
    Mcfly are far more talented than all those pop-punk bands out there.And boy bands are not talentless.Blue had fantastic vocals.
    sdom7
    Just to add to most of these reviews, when Mcfly wrote their first album, they were 14-16 years old, all they thought about were girls (getting them and losing them) Though "Room on the Third Floor" was about the real world reminding them they were still kids with a lucky opportunity. During Wonderland,they're were 20-22. Danny's father walked out on his family (Ballad of Paul K), Tom's money was going to supporting his family, as his father lost a job, and all for boys were rebelling against their Label, who wanted the boys to keep making more "happy-summery" pop music. That was just some background info.