Take A Break Review

9.3
 9.6
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Take A Break Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 30, 2003

Sound: This ingenious album by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes claims to be a tribute to the members' favorite black artists. They deliver with fast, upbeat punk rock versions of songs like "I Believe I Can Fly", "Mona Lisa", and "Oh Girl". The catchy basslines, superb drumming, and excellent vocals all combine to make hit after hit. // 10

Lyrics: Since MFGG didn't write these songs, the lyrics really can't be graded, but Spike definitely has vocal talent. He really knows how to sing, and can hit almost any note. // 8

Overall Impression: I can't say enough, this is an excellent album!!! If it was stolen or lost, I would buy another one right then and there. I have given it to tons of people for holiday or birthday gifts. Even if the person isn't really a fan of punk rock, they can still get behind this CD, especially if they recognize the songs on the album. I think the most impressive songs on this album are "Where Do Broken Hearts Go?", "Nothing Compares 2 U", "Oh Girl", and "Mona Lisa". They cap the album off with their cover of "Natural Woman". I don't think there is anything I could hate about this album! I'm on my way to the record store to buy the rest of the MFGG albums right now. // 10

Comments