Bat Out Of Hell review by Meat Loaf

• Released: Dec 31, 1983
Meat Loaf: Bat Out Of Hell

The first song on this album reminds me of pink floyd for some reason and a little bit of rush. The rock piano and the guitars done by Todd Rundegren are phenominally interlaced with eachother and form a very lively atmosphere while at the same time, make you wonder what is coming next. Meat Loaf's voice fits well with the instrument and sounds just fine throughout the album and is best in "2 of 3".

Despite his ballish appearance so to speak, Meat Loaf brings forth vocals that both fit a rock opera setting and just rock all on it's own. He sounds like a singer would during that time period and comaired to the singers of now, there may be a subtle difference between him and the singer to maybe 69 eyes or even Glen Danzig a little bit. The lyrics are quite well constructed and have meanings of both despair and glee.

They mostly sound like Floyd and Rush put together which is a strange combination of artists however some people agree with me about my opinion. This album would certainly make a great gift for someone looking for a new artist to get into and is essential to any complete record collection even just based on all of the sales this album has made.

thedeadcow
    It is a great album but I would have to say I believe that Bat Out Of Hell 2 is better. THe rest of the record buying public didnt thinks so though - it spent 471 weeks in the English national chart - thats over 9 years!!
    The_lizard_king
    bat out of hell was the first rock album I ever got into, Jim steinman is a great songwriter and Todd Rundgren is a great guitar player, especially the title track just soars.