Bat Out Of Hell III: The Monster Is Loose review by Meat Loaf

• Released: Oct 31, 2006
Meat Loaf: Bat Out Of Hell III: The Monster Is Loose

Okay, first of all I would like to say that this is a masterpiece. Now here comes the review haha. As soon as I got this album I fell in love with it, it features the works of Jim Steinman, Desmond Child, Steve Vai, Brian May, John6, and Marion Raven. This album covers almost every genre there is, there's many piano parts, amazing guitar solos, and even better vocals. It has the dark gothic song "The Monster's Loose" and the little love ballad "What About Love". This features a older song written by Jim Steinman and that of course is "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" it is now a duet with Marion Raven and it is done perfectly. This also has a DVD that shows the making of the CD and the music video for "It's All Coming Back To Me Now".

Even though it was a different writer than what Meat Loaf had for almost all of his career (Jim Steinman), Desmond Child really picked it up for this masterpiece. He can really write songs to highlight Meat's very talented voice. The music goes along with the lyrics so well it's hard to believe what your listening to.

I think it his his best album since Bat Out of Hell II: Back into Hell. The most impressive songs are "Alive", "What About Love", "It's All Coming Back to Me Now", "In the Land Of the Pigs, The Butcher is King", "Bad For Good", "Blind As A Bat", and of course "The Monster's Loose". I know there's many songs that I think are impressive but the entire album is impressive. I love everything about this album and it is one that you can listen to over and over again and never lose interest (yes I have done this). I hate nothing besides the fact that Jim Steinman never wrote a majority of the songs. It's a good thing I have a iPod because if I ever lost it or someone stole it I would get it again no questions asked. So if you want an amazing rock/opera get this album.

-February-Star-
    Tortiss
    hehe...Imagine Meatloaf with black metal screams. lol
    Gamoc
    Tortiss wrote: -February-Star- wrote: I think the point about covering "almost every genre there is" goes a little too far. I mean, where's the acid-rave breakdown? The hip-hop beats and lightning fast rapping? The blood-curdling black metal screams? The african steel drum solo? I could go on... . Not a bad album, but a bit far-fetched to say it spans the entire genre spectrum. hehe...Imagine Meatloaf with black metal screams. lol
    better yet - imagine Meat Loaf doing hip hop, or R & B, or the dreaded rap. I hate those genres. But I agree with february-star, saying it covers all genres is going too far. Though it was a good album
    dud-fatty
    hehe meat loaf is a ****ing legend! its true tho he dosnt exactly cover death metal or hip-hop but to be fair he shudnt cos there crap genres that album is totally awsome. in my opion beta the bat out of hell 2 and very near to bat out hell 1!
    duke2446
    imagine him rapping or playing an african steel drum solo? lets not even go into the acid-rave breakdowns..
    MegaRon
    no mercy wrote: do people really listen to this guy? I'm sorry, but i think this guy is terrible; right up there with 30 Seconds to Mars and MCR (which the guy in the hall is listening to right now...
    To each their own... dunno how you can think he's terrible, but that could just be me.
    Set-Abominae
    Ugh, come on man, how can you say that? He's an amazing singer. And look at the roster of the album!
    fastmguy
    only reason you could've come on here is to start a ridiculous arguement...if you don't like meatloaf why else would you look at one of his album reviews?
    no mercy
    sorry guys, i was having a shitty day and decided to piss some ppl off. I'm sorry ann retract my earlier statements (though my opinion still stands).
    thedeadcow
    At first I was sceptical about Bat out of Hell 3 as I had heard rumours that meatloaf had lost his voice. Also I was concerned that without Steinman writing the whole album it would lose some of its over-indulgence. I was wrong. The whole album continues with the genre invented by Bat out of Hell 1 and 2 and takes it to a new level. Meatloaf can still sing and rock out those epic chorus, turning the silliest line into a brilliant piece (in the land of the pig the butcher is king - that should not be awesome but it somehow is). All I can say is that Meatloaf and Jim Steinman are exceptionally talented and Desmond Child managed to keep that relationship going and the resulting work is amazing.
    no mercy