Bat Out Of Hell III: The Monster Is Loose review by Meat Loaf

• Released: Oct 31, 2006
Meat Loaf: Bat Out Of Hell III: The Monster Is Loose

What else can you say about meat loaf? This album is definatly begins where the other two "Bat out of hell" albums leave off, it's as if there wasn't about a decade between recordings at all. What kind of sound can you expect from this new album? The best of the old and the best of the new. You WILL hear his orchestrated anthems and ballads and more of the harder music. As soon as "The Monster is Loose" begins to play you can tell how much Meat Loafs sond has really changed and how much it stays the same. The sound of metal guitars is a relief however may be a strain on the ears for some of the older listeners of Meat Loaf who prefer his more tame sound of either of the two first "Bat" albums. However some songs sound like they could have been B-sides to the first two albums, such as "Blind as a Bat" one of Meat Loafs many love anthems he sprinkles out between his albums. For pure sound of the album, I would give it a solid 10, it is definatly a Meat Loaf album and that means nothing short of perfection.

It seems after all these years and all the tours that Mr. Loaf hasn't lost his touch at all. His voice is just as powerful as it was in his younger days, albeit it may prove to sound a bit older, as he was pretty young sounding when he first started his career(take a look at "Two out of Three Ain't Bad" compared to some of this albums songs.) There seems to be a underlying religious theme behind this album, at first hear "Blind as a Bat" may sound like a love song, but closer examinations of the lyrics, he is actually talking about the love between his god and him. Speaking of how his gods love is blind as a bat. As far as lyrics go, it's the same old Meat Loaf we have grown to love and I give it a solid 9 out of 10!

Personally I think this is Meat Loafs best and hardest album out so far and hopefully he will continue to make albums after this one. I love that the album has the same old Meatloaf feel to it and that it has mingled with the new sound that may urge younger listeners to go into the past and help them get interested in Meat Loafs earlier work. In my honest opinion I think that this album is a future classic and will go down as the third in a Trilogy of great albums. I have to give this Album a 10 out of 10, hell it's Meat Loaf he's back and better then ever!

fretsofthebeast
    no mercy wrote: do people really listen to this guy? I'm sorry, but i think this guy is terrible; right up there with 30 Seconds to Mars and MCR (which the guy in the hall is listening to right now...
    dude Meatloaf has alot of talent..... the day i see you pull off the same voice he has i will boz down to you man
    Fetters778
    God damnit someone tab out the song "The monsters loose". I can't find it anywhere. Anyway yes this is a great album but you can definitely tell that his voice is almost shot. ALTHOUGH I do have a lot of respect for this man he used no effects to alter his voice in any way. He just kept doing it until he hit it.
    Wingman318
    GN'R Dude wrote: I thought there were 2 too many songs on it. Otherwise it wasn't bad.
    Thats supposed to be a good thing...
    Floyd Phoenix
    This is possibly the most overlooked album of all time. He works with the most famous people and noone notices. I love What about Love and If God Could Talk, the earlier is at the same level as Stairway to heaven.