Bat Out Of Hell III: The Monster Is Loose Review

Meat Loaf: Bat Out Of Hell III: The Monster Is Loose
Release Date: Oct 31, 2006
Label: Virgin
Genres: Album Rock, Pop/Rock, Prog-Rock/Art Rock, Arena Rock
The long-awaited third record in the Bat Out Of Hell trilogy, The Monster Is Loose, wears bombast, pretension, and pyrotechnics proudly on its album sleeve and across the bulging disc's 14 tracks.
 Lyrics: 9.5
 9.6
 9.9
 9.3
 1,144
Bat Out Of Hell III: The Monster Is Loose Reviewed by: waldo899, on march 29, 2007

Sound: Okay, first of all I would like to say that this is a masterpiece. Now here comes the review haha. As soon as I got this album I fell in love with it, it features the works of Jim Steinman, Desmond Child, Steve Vai, Brian May, John6, and Marion Raven. This album covers almost every genre there is, there's many piano parts, amazing guitar solos, and even better vocals. It has the dark gothic song "The Monster's Loose" and the little love ballad "What About Love". This features a older song written by Jim Steinman and that of course is "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" it is now a duet with Marion Raven and it is done perfectly. This also has a DVD that shows the making of the CD and the music video for "It's All Coming Back To Me Now". // 10

Lyrics: Even though it was a different writer than what Meat Loaf had for almost all of his career (Jim Steinman), Desmond Child really picked it up for this masterpiece. He can really write songs to highlight Meat's very talented voice. The music goes along with the lyrics so well it's hard to believe what your listening to. // 10

Overall Impression: I think it his his best album since Bat Out of Hell II: Back into Hell. The most impressive songs are "Alive", "What About Love", "It's All Coming Back to Me Now", "In the Land Of the Pigs, The Butcher is King", "Bad For Good", "Blind As A Bat", and of course "The Monster's Loose". I know there's many songs that I think are impressive but the entire album is impressive. I love everything about this album and it is one that you can listen to over and over again and never lose interest (yes I have done this). I hate nothing besides the fact that Jim Steinman never wrote a majority of the songs. It's a good thing I have a iPod because if I ever lost it or someone stole it I would get it again no questions asked. So if you want an amazing rock/opera get this album. // 10

Bat Out Of Hell III: The Monster Is Loose Reviewed by: shabutie86, on january 26, 2008

Sound: What else can you say about meat loaf? This album is definatly begins where the other two "Bat out of hell" albums leave off, it's as if there wasn't about a decade between recordings at all. What kind of sound can you expect from this new album? The best of the old and the best of the new. You WILL hear his orchestrated anthems and ballads and more of the harder music. As soon as "The Monster is Loose" begins to play you can tell how much Meat Loafs sond has really changed and how much it stays the same. The sound of metal guitars is a relief however may be a strain on the ears for some of the older listeners of Meat Loaf who prefer his more tame sound of either of the two first "Bat" albums. However some songs sound like they could have been B-sides to the first two albums, such as "Blind as a Bat" one of Meat Loafs many love anthems he sprinkles out between his albums. For pure sound of the album, I would give it a solid 10, it is definatly a Meat Loaf album and that means nothing short of perfection. // 10

Lyrics: It seems after all these years and all the tours that Mr. Loaf hasn't lost his touch at all. His voice is just as powerful as it was in his younger days, albeit it may prove to sound a bit older, as he was pretty young sounding when he first started his career(take a look at "Two out of Three Ain't Bad" compared to some of this albums songs.) There seems to be a underlying religious theme behind this album, at first hear "Blind as a Bat" may sound like a love song, but closer examinations of the lyrics, he is actually talking about the love between his god and him. Speaking of how his gods love is blind as a bat. As far as lyrics go, it's the same old Meat Loaf we have grown to love and I give it a solid 9 out of 10! // 9

Overall Impression: Personally I think this is Meat Loafs best and hardest album out so far and hopefully he will continue to make albums after this one. I love that the album has the same old Meatloaf feel to it and that it has mingled with the new sound that may urge younger listeners to go into the past and help them get interested in Meat Loafs earlier work. In my honest opinion I think that this album is a future classic and will go down as the third in a Trilogy of great albums. I have to give this Album a 10 out of 10, hell it's Meat Loaf he's back and better then ever! // 10

Comments