Anthology: Set The World Afire review by Megadeth

• Released: Sep 30, 2008
Megadeth: Anthology: Set The World Afire

The bands sound is like no one elses. If anyone came close at all, it would be Mettalica, but really, Megadeth, in my opinion, blows them away. There isn't that normal story going on in this CD you would find in other Megadeth CDs, but listen close and through the lyrics and behind the guitar solos you may find a story of todays leader, the economy, and overall government corruption that is spreading like a plague across the Earth. The style to this music is a hint of moody lyrics, a dash of killing, and a heap of blazing fast guitar and drums.

The lyrics are great because they are mostly based on political topics like presidents and the economy. The lyrics fit in perfectly with the sound of the music, and combining these fiery lyrics with the enflamed guitar solos makes one huge inferno of awesomness. To add to that, Dave Mustaine has mad skills at singing. His signature snarls do nothing less than add on to the attitude of the music.

I don't own the CD yet, but I'm planning on getting even though I already have every song featured on the Cd. I'm a truly hardcore fan of Megadeth. I know I shouldn't waste money that I don't have on songs I already have, but I love them so much I just have to. This is a rockin' killin' machine of a CD. This CD compares to no albums in any way because no one sounds like them.Overall, I love the politically based songs. They are like a theme song for the U.S. government at this point. If I lost this CD or it was stolen, I would totally buy it again.

TokalotHi-Q
    This is non stop headbanging! (with the exception of the pause between disc changes) It Might be dangerous to listen to this while you drive (502)
    TokalotHi-Q
    postmortem2006 wrote: I'll buy this just for complete-ness. And the High Speed Dirt demo sounds interesting.
    This song sounds good with a slower tempo
    Motochika
    Dave is an incredible guitarist and lyricist, there should have been more songs on this!
    Motochika
    Dave is an incredible guitarist and lyricist, they have so many awesome songs so it must have been difficult to choose only 34 songs!