Cryptic Writings review by Megadeth

• Released: Jun 17, 1997
Megadeth: Cryptic Writings

This album was released in the year of 1997. It is Megadeth's seventh release. It is very different from the first six albums because this album shows a softer side to Megadeth or something. Some examples would be Trust, Almost Honest, I'll Get Even and A Secret Place. Some songs are not so soft such as Use The Man, The Desintegrators, She-Wolf, Vortex and FFF (Fight For Freedom). There are songs too that are a bit of both such as Mastermind, Sin and Have Cool Will Travel. The fastest song out of the twelve would propely be Vortex. This is a pretty good album but there can be a few improvements.

The lyrics are about love, betrayel, magic and hate. Although I am not a big fan of lyrics having to do with love the songs were pretty good. My favorite songs for the regards of lyrics are Use The Man, Vortex and FFF. Dave Mustaines vocals sound a bit different in this album, they sound softer or sumtim like that but they sound a big better than the other albums.

Although this album ain't bad the original six albums are better but this album is way better than the 1999 release "Risk" and Metallica's "Reload." If the album had a few more songs that were like the first six this album would be awesome. If this album was lost I would propely buy it again because I got a heavy metal album collection started and I got 32 albums so I don't wanna lose one.