Endgame review by Megadeth

• Released: Sep 15, 2009
Megadeth: Endgame

This album is amazing. It is the best thing megadeth has done in years. They definitley have their origional sound back. It sounds like they were influenced by some of their past albums, you can definitley hear parts that sound like songs from Countdown To Extinction, and Rust In Peace. The sound is more agressive than it has been since rust in peace. The other members of the band had a hudge part in this album unlike past albums where Dave Mustaine wrote a majority of the songs. This album has that classic megadeth sound while still having a slightly modern sound.

The lyrics mostly revolve around death, war, other world issues and also fictional issues like in the song "Endgame". The lyrics go greatly with the music. The albums lyrics have a wide variety of different themes like the lyrics for the song "Headcrusher" are about a torture divice, and the lyrics to the song "1320'" are about drag racing.

This album is like a mix between Countdown To Extinction, Rust In Peace, Youthanasia, and Peace Sells... But Who's Buying. The most impressive song is the song named ater the album called "Endgame", which is about fictional new world order lead by the US. I love everything about this album it is just so... MEGADETH! If it were stolen or lost I would buy it again.

SGofawesome
    ShredEmAll wrote: [quote]SGofawesome wrote: SoftParade1967 wrote: Unlike Metallica, Megadeth keeps on coming out with awesome albums, and this is a perfect example. Metallica was in a big, BIG slump after Black Album, only Fuel and The Memory Remains were good songs from Load to now. St. Anger was a good album in my opinion, yet not in everyone else's, mainly because it doesn't sound like all their other mainstream stuff. quote] Are you serious? Have you heard Bleeding Me? The Outlaw Torn? The House That Jack Built? Load/ReLoad had some great songs (and some that were like 8-9 minutes long, not really mainstream). And you like St. Anger? Wow.
    depends on what songs you're talking about from St. Anger, like frantic, Dirty Window, and of course the unnamed feeling. St. Anger is a good song, just dragged out a little too much, like some kind of monster, but hey, metallica is a group that does that, so i don't mind though. The "Load" songs you mentioned are terrible, except bleeding me, they're wayyyy too dragged out, and the outlaw torn should've been an instrumental.
    SGofawesome
    CRACKHEAD!!!Risk was their only BAD album!
    SGofawesome
    Numbin the pain wrote: the reason i believe its like kill em all, cause both are trash albums with not really any real vocal melodies, solos everywhere. The reason i think its a poor mans kill em all, is kill em all actually has some tracks that stand alone like seek and destroy, the only reason i remember endgame is the poor lyrics/vocal melodies through out the album esp 1,320, i thought dave might of learnt his lesson after Gears of war.
    Kill 'Em All was their first album, so it's kinda hard to compare a starter album to an extremely hyped album which by the way is awesome.
    PJ=Metal
    I love this album its really good and a really good sign of what to come just think the next album could be as good as rust in peace or Peace sell...But who's buying gives me hope
    MotörHeadFan22
    my god, this is what i've been waiting for, a megadeth album where every. single. song. is god-like it's purely amazing Mustaine you've truely proven yourself as a metal god!
    MotörHeadFan22
    SGofawesome wrote: BlisteringDDj wrote: j-walk wrote: Meh. Risk was there only good album. I like Risk, but still...CRACKHEAD!!!Risk was their only BAD album!
    my god did he really say risk was good!?
    polytriplica
    KillerClocker
    What a waste of space some of these comments are? How old are you guys? I have to address some things with some of these comments. I don't really have a problem if you don't like Megadeth, who cares? If you are just a half a*sed fan who only bought the thrashy Megadeth, but nothing else, you have no right to criticize a band you don't support. Megadeth has been my favorite since So Far...So Good...So What... came out, I was 12. Then after Countdown, the grunge scene hit metal and wiped out mostly all bands of that era. But that's just it, all these bands didn't actually go anywhere, they just left mainstream minds. I kept buying Megadeth albums, even if they werent up to the standard of Rust in Peace, I love this band. They did write some killer songs in all those albums people stopped buying. So far I have seen Megadeth 19 times in 20 years. So, I love the teenage wannabes coming on here to sh*t on this album, as if they actually have a say. It's fans like me that have kept bands going through the good and bad times, so when Megadeth went back to thrash, I was grateful I never jumped off the bandwagon. I love the comment of the "watered down Kill Em All" that's funny, especially when that was probably the album Dave Mustaine had the biggest influence on. It got really trendy to like Metallica over the years, as if when people said they listened to Metallica, they all of a sudden were "metalheads". Or the Metallica fans that never actually listened to Megadeth, only to call them a watered down version of Metallica. Or how bad Megadeth sucks compared. I love both these bands, one more than the other, but love them both. They both hold a special place in history, and this war only plays out in young fans. Metalheads from the era to which metal was at it's height, actually appreciate what both bands bring, as the metal world would be lost without them. So that brings me to the people who are disappointed with Endgame, who cares what you think? So you are disappointed? Who are you? Have you been buying their albums for 25 years? Do you go see them every time they come to town? Sometimes when albums come out and you are not in a certain mindset to absorb it, you don't understand it, it doesn't smack you the way it should, especially for people that aren't really big fans. It's rare for bands to make albums that have front to back awesomeness, but if you can have about 5 awesome songs, and then the rest are really good, then you have made a great album and that's what Megadeth did. Not to compare, but when I bought Death Mag, I listened to it for three months straight, then I kinda of got sick of it. When United Abominations came out, I listened to it everyday for a year before it started to wear on me. I haven't had that in a while, an album that I listen to all year. Endgame is also something I will listen to for a while because you discover so many layers, especially when you listen on different systems. I love both bands, but Metallica had to try and make a heavy album, they had to listen to how they used to write, they "tried" to make a metal album. Megadeth didn't have to try and make one, they just did.
    godforbid4231
    has anyone ever noticed that oscar the grouch looks like a giant talking bud? oh and Dave Mustaine for President
    noodles95
    This album KILLED Death Magnetic. I know when Dave first started the band, just about everyone who liked metal liked metallica. Now I think everything is going to change soon. The last few metallica albums were s**t (i admit i do like the first three). Even though United Abominations wasn't that great, they are definately making a comeback (i have liked just about every Megadeth album) and i really do think that Metallica will soon become the leader of the Big Four (metallica, slayer, anthrax[i dont even know if anthrax is still together] and megadeth)To sum it up, Megadeth is definately headed in the right direction.
    Silveroon009
    Don't any of you guys recognize the similarity between Last Rites/Loved to Deth and 1,320'?? I seriously LOVE this album and all, one of my personal favs, but I just recognized the riff immediately, I was even expecting Dave's "WOAH!" from Loved to Deth, so what are your thoughts? PS: I'm NOT flaming or bashing the album I just noticed a similarity between two riffs.
    guitarfreak222
    polytriplica wrote: So, I haven't gotten the album yet and I came here to read the reviews and get the overall consensus of the Megadeth fanbase. And I was strictly shocked by the comments from people here. I can't believe people have to argue who is better between Megadeth and Metallica STILL! Megadeth hit a one album slump(Risk) and rose from the ashes realizing, "Wait a second, we're NOT Metallica. What the **** are we doing?" Since, their albums have been true to their original point and mission, OUT METAL METALLICA. And they've done it as far as I and most of the metal loving world are concerned. Now, in reference to the person(you know who you are) who said they prefer All That Remains to Megadeth, I pity you in a sense I don't think you will ever understand. All That Remains is metalcore, and only decent metalcore at that. Megadeth is THRASH, one of the hardest and purest forms of metal to date. Metalcore(a non-metal genre of music) and Thrash are not even comparable in any way. Metalcore is Metallic-Hardcore Punk. Not Metal. Thrash metal is metal. So don't try and tell me a non-metal genre band is better than one of the Big Four of Thrash, let alone any actual metal band. They just can't do it.
    Metalcore is metal. Saying which genre is different is preference. Since this is a Megadeth album review, and they are thrash metal, I know that I'm going to suffer some hardcore flaming.
    Colter
    DAVE IF YOU READ THIS PLLEAASSSEEEEE you're old you're gona die soon (or not be able to play guitar again) start doin them drugs again and write another Rust in Peace