Endgame review by Megadeth

• Released: Sep 15, 2009
Megadeth: Endgame

Well, before I bought this album I only knew the greatest hits of Megadeth, so this their first album I know from the beginning to the end. I find almost everything from EndGame quite different from those previous Megadeth anthems like "Symphony Of Destruction", "Sweating Bullets", "Skin O' My Teeth", "Peace Sells", "Tornado Of Souls", Etc. It's heavier, Dave seems a lot more furious the way he sings now and the solos are quite more shredders instead of having those little particularities that let you identify them at the first few notes. I'll tell you what I think of each track: 01. "Dialectic Chaos": It's an outstanding instrumental track! In this one, Dave and Chris show you some of their guitar skills. (10/10) 02. "This Day We Fight": I think this is the heaviest track of the whole album. Its beginning is linked with "Dialectic Chaos" end. As it opens Dave debuts the furious way of singing I've told you before with an angry "For this I was chosen because I fear nothing." Of course, as a really fast song, it has some shredding solos along. (8/10) 03. "44 Minutes": It opens really slowly, like they are still recovering from "This Day We Fight". You hear a police communicator in the beginning of the song and when it shuts up, Megadeth are already full of energy and ready to begin another great song. It's got a great chorus and some sweet solos (mainly the one played after the first chorus) In my opinion this one of the best tracks in EndGame. (10/10) 04. "1,320'": Pretty cool riff. Not one of those great chorus Mustaine usually creates. Another shred in the solo. Personally, this isn't one of my favorite songs in the album... But it's not bad. (7/10) 05. "Bite The Hand": Another good riff and exciting verse. The chorus isn't an highlight, but does its work pretty well. THIS ONE FINALLY REALLY HAS WHAT I CALL A MEGADETH SOLO (not one of those amazing unforgettable solos but this is undoubtedly screams MEGADETH RULES, MAN) (8/10) 06. "Bodies": "Bodies" is one of my favorite songs in the album. Here we have one of those ggggggreat chorus and I really appreciate the guitar work in this one. (10/10) 07. "EndGame": This is the title and it actually sounds really good. It starts with a dark announcement made in a sort of megaphone and as it ends we got an amazing metal song that was a good choice for title track. Another really cool guitar work. (9/10) 08. "The Hardest Part Of Letting Go... Sealed With A Kiss": It's the album's ballad. I think every metal album, even if it's really, really heavy and fast, should have a ballad. This has basically got two different songs linked and named as one and in the album lyrics they are separate ("The Hardest Part Of Letting Go...", "Sealed With A Kiss" and "The Hardest Part Of Letting Go (continuation)")"The Hardest Part Of Letting Go..." works as a sweet, slow, beautiful love ballad, but(!), unfortunately, this kind of thinks are not appropriate for Dave's voice... "Sealed With A Kiss" is like an heavier continuation of the song and in this one Dave fits perfectly and makes it great. The rest is just a finishing of the first part. (8/10) 09. "Head Crusher": This is one of the heaviest songs of the album and the favorite of most of the people who know the album. It was also the first single from EndGame. It's a great song: great singing, great guitars, great metal song, MEGADETH!!! What can I say... (10/10) 10. "How The Story Ends": GREAT! This is my favorite song on EndGame! You listen to that awesome chorus once keep singing it the whole day, it's just amazing!!! This song only has got one strange thing in it... What the hell is an acoustic solo doing here?! Actually it sounds cool but you barely can't hear it. Good guitar work. (10/10) 11. "The Right To Go Insane": It starts with a bass getting you ready for a excellent ending of a really impressive album. It's an heavy song with a beautiful chorus. Here we have another solo that really tells you this is Megadeth. (10/10)

First of all I must tell you I can't say much about the lyrics because I don't understand them very well as I'm 14 years old and I'm Portuguese... But I can tell you a guy who's got a pretty good review in this section. Ladies and gentlemen: Megadeth Mani4c What I can tell you about this is that lyrics aren't much poetic (there aren't barely rhymes). And as Megadeth Mani4c also said "One thing that comes up a lot is that Dave isn't the best singer, while this may be true, he doesn't try to do anything he can't and besides; Megadeth has always been more about the music than the singing." I'll rate this section 9 because I just told the same thing Megadeth Man4c did and gave you the advise to check his review out.

As I don't know much of the rest of Megadeth's work this may not true, but compared to what I know this record is quite different. And of course, as this is a Megadeth album I can't avoid comparing it to Metallica's Death Magnetic. It's just different but I personally prefer Death Magnetic. But people, comparing Metallica to Megadeth sometimes is O.K., but other times is to dull because they are both great bands: Metallica admit that Megadeth made some of the most important albums in metal history and Metallica have the incredibly huge success you can check everywhere (headline lots of festivals, everyone already heard of them, etc). I think that, now, their rivalry only exists in fan's minds. I personally prefer Metallica but I don't say Megadeth sucks (because they don't and I even bought their album (remember I'm 14, I buy my albums with my own money and I have to choose wisely)) The EndGame biggest highlights are: 1 - "How The Story Ends" 2 - "The Right To Go Insane" 3 - "Bodies" "If it were stolen/lost, would you buy it again or get something else?" I think is question is quite silly because it's obvious I already have the album in my mp3, saved in my computer and if I wanted it in the CD format I would record in a virgin CD.

SHREDDER_DUDE:)
    metalmanjones
    44 minutes is not about anything they wrote. This song was based on the armed bank robbery in L.A. during 99 i think. correct me if i am wrong on the date. this was the longest civil warfare in history.
    jesse1994
    SHREDDER_DUDE wrote: tazmanz wrote: Hands down Megadeth's best offering since Rust in Peace. Dave has incorporated so many elements from Mega-days-gone-by... very impressive. Didn't take this out of my CD player in my car for a couple of weeks. When it comes to Thrash Metal, Dave invented it... and now he moves it forward yet again. Next to Testament - Formation of Damnation, it's likely the best thrash album in years. I agree that the formation of damnation is the best thrash album of the 21st century but the fact is Dave did not invent thrash metal. Venom Gave the concept and it was tweaked a bit by lots of bands and not only early metallica
    Yeah, Anvil was another one of those bands.
    Camron62\m/
    this isn't the best megadeth album of the 2000's, but it sure ****ing is the heaviest. INCREDIBLE ALBUM. i wish they could've sounded this metal and this heavy on Th1rt3en. very heavy album throughout, upset i never listened to the full thing on the internet sooner. instead i waited to actually get it and play it on my radio with the volume way the **** up, heard everywhere in the house. bad-ass.