Greatest Hits: Back To The Start review by Megadeth

• Released: Jun 28, 2005
Megadeth: Greatest Hits: Back To The Start

Well it is Mustaine producing this album and we all know how Mustaine is really anal about every note on albums. They all have to be heard perfectly even when he plays live I've noticed that too. One of the tightest guitarist out there. I like it when he strives for perfection. Awesome sound quality and the remastering was not overdone. This album is a great gateway to metal for anybody that needs a taste of it. I am sure you will enjoy this album. I listened to the album twice because it sounded so good. One song I was disappointed with that did not get remastered was Mechanix. I was looking for a phone number on the CD to call the producers that they forgot to remaster mechanix or is it just my CD.

The lyrics stayed the same. Nothing new here although his voice has gotten better, but he still squeals in some songs which reminds you of the early albums.

I ranked this album underneath RIP, PSBWB, SFSGSW, and TSHF. 5th place I think. Most of songs sound the same not a lot of changes were done just better sound. If this was stolen I would just stay with my old albums. I would scrap the song Prince Of Darkness and put 5 magics or something else. Waste of space in my opinion and releasing it in another album would be a good idea.